Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

ECM Fuse Blew

Old 06-08-2015, 06:45 AM
SoonerSoftail
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default ECM Fuse Blew

I was on a 30 mile ride yesterday to a pool tournament. Going 75 or so the bike started running on one cylinder. Engine light came on. After just a couple of seconds everything went back to normal. About five miles later it did the same thing but died this time. First thing I found was that the rear plug wire didn't seem firmly "clicked" down on the plug. I haven't touched the plugs in months. Still no start. A guy on an Ultra stopped. (Thank you whoever you are). We found no power to the plugs. He went on and I started checking wiring, connections between ECM and PC V, all other connections, etc. Found ECM fuse blown. Replaced it and she ran fine. Went the rest of the way to the tourney (which we won BTW). Rode home just fine. This morning checked codes and there's nothing. So, to those who know Harley ECM function. Is there anything about one cylinder not firing that could blow the ECM fuse? If not I'm baffled.