Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

06 Dynaglide Power Fades When Ignition Turn On

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 02:04 AM
tomkost
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 Dynaglide Power Fades When Ignition Turn On

My friend owns this bike. When we turn on the ignition, the power and headlights come on normally, but then it fades. The headlight and dash lights all fade in about 5 seconds, sometimes longer. If you try to start before the fade, you get the click from the starter solenoid, but no cranking. You can also hear or feel quite a bit of clicking from the system relay, not the starter relay. Then the lights and power fade right away.

The battery is good, load tested and all.

I read through the manual and it mentioned that if the crank position sensor (CKP) isn't good, the ECM will turn off the power, so I thought this must be it. I swapped the CKP with another friends bike and it didn't fix the problem.

I guess it could be wiring from the crank position sensor to the ECM, a bad ECM or some other issue.

There was a code for a neutral switch, but we cleared it and it didn't' return. neutral switch seems to be working.

I read of similar problem regarding a circuit breaker over heating, but I also read this year model they changed it already for a fuse. Haven't had a chance to check that yet, it's too late tonight.

If anyone has seen this issue or has any ideas, I'm all ears.