Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

FP3 owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 06:44 PM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts
Default FP3 owners

Hi All
I know I know, all of this time but I finally got a handlebar mount for my iPhone so I can now safely view the sensor data ...wish I hadn't bothered

Just wondering what kind of numbers you guys n gals are seeing on yours for torque/power

Mine said 107NM and 59kw

(bonus if anyone knows how to get it to say FT-LB and HP like in Demo mode )

cheers
Gordon

Last edited by Gordon61; 09-19-2015 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-20-2015, 04:13 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Funny, mine reads ft and hp, perhaps UK models are pre set but I like a challenge and will see where it can be changed. I'll bet under settings there's an edit feature for metric and such.

Best I ever got to was about 100 hp and a tad over in tq before I had to throttle down. I spoke to V&H once and told me it should be within 10%.

Gotta say, I've been working on plugging your map in (haven't had much time), I'm about halfway there but I can say that in the lower ranges it's much nicer than my previous. Have you tried the speedo calibration yet? I see that they recently did an update to make it more accurate.

Old 09-22-2015, 05:59 AM
Gordon61
Road Warrior

Hi Robbie
Nice to hear you may have found a little something useful in there

Yea, I noticed the speedo calibration but haven't had a go. I saw the anti pop control got added last time ...I presume it adds fuel on the over-run but man those maps are already rich at 0% throttle.

I can't see any settings for metric vs imperial for the likes of torque, power, or fuel economy ...although months later I found out why my average fuel economy wasn't working ...I had to put it in the centre display - where you get a reset button at the bottom of the circle - press that and now it works, lol I think we need a user guide!

Funny but all of these FP3 out there I thought a few might have put some numbers up here for comparison ...they can't be that bad, surely

Last edited by Gordon61; 09-22-2015 at 06:03 AM.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:40 PM
SGman62
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question for you FP3 owners. Just got a 16 Road Glide Ultra. Looking to add Rinehart True Duals and probably a Big Sucker. I had a FuelPak before and didn't like it. How's the FP3? Are you getting decal pop?

Old 09-26-2015, 08:29 PM
Gordon61
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SGman62
Question for you FP3 owners. Just got a 16 Road Glide Ultra. Looking to add Rinehart True Duals and probably a Big Sucker. I had a FuelPak before and didn't like it. How's the FP3? Are you getting decal pop?
Stage 1? probably not. There are some rich numbers in the 0% TPS column, and there is this new anti pop setting which presumably adds more or changes timing or something if required (it doesn't tell you what it does - and personally I'd prefer to know)

I'm with some of the other posts I've read in that I don't worry about a bit of decel popping ...hell, a half tuned car does the same thing

Old 09-29-2015, 07:10 PM
SGman62
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gordon61, I had a HD Tuner and FuekPak which both decel popped terribly. My ThunderMax was perfect. Just got a new FLTRU and looking for a good economical option.

Old 09-30-2015, 07:28 PM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by SGman62
Gordon61, I had a HD Tuner and FuekPak which both decel popped terribly. My ThunderMax was perfect. Just got a new FLTRU and looking for a good economical option.
I think you'd be happy, Bike runs decent, and smooth , rarely a decel pop, and didn't use the new updated decel pop eliminator,

Old 10-01-2015, 10:38 AM
fake
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My FP3 eliminated all my decel pop.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:31 PM
robbyville
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 114 Posts

Gordon, just wanted to let you know that I'm using your base map now. Been pretty awesome overall even with the supertrapp. I may auto tune just for the fun of it, still a tiny bit herky jerky in 1st gear at low rpm rolling into the subdivision and such.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:18 AM
borgman
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Gordon61, I tried the power and torque feature today as well. Got 81.5 KW and 110 NM, pretty weird values. Maybe it's HP and lb ft., but doesn't show? My bike is a 103 Streetbob with Stage 1. So, nothing special in terms of power. It would also be interesting if V&H extrapolates the values as "at the wheel" or "at the crank".

Quick Reply: FP3 owners