Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Fuel moto power vision

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 01:53 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Got the PV mounted to the bars & did the first AT run yesterday & all good, thanks for the input here & in particular info from fuelmoto, suppose I'm using these 3 sessions as a practice because in 3-4 weeks time I'm having some hand made custom pipes fitted to the bike & it will definitely need tuning.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:58 AM
paullavery
Road Master

Just wondering, after each AT session after I have sent it to a slot do I need to disable AT & then on the next run enable AT or do I just leave the it between runs with AT enabled ?

Old 04-12-2016, 01:24 PM
J929626
Road Master
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by paullavery
Just wondering, after each AT session after I have sent it to a slot do I need to disable AT & then on the next run enable AT or do I just leave the it between runs with AT enabled ?
I always disable auto tune between sessions. Then when I enable auto tune I select the previous session that I save to start the next session.

Don't know for sure if you have to that's just the way I do it.

The following users liked this post:
paullavery (04-12-2016)
Old 04-12-2016, 02:05 PM
paullavery
Road Master

Originally Posted by J929626
I always disable auto tune between sessions. Then when I enable auto tune I select the previous session that I save to start the next session.

Don't know for sure if you have to that's just the way I do it.
Thanks for that info, between the 1st & 2nd i didn't but i did on the 3rd session, hopefully it will still work ? anyway I've flashed it to the ecm now.

Old 10-28-2017, 08:57 PM
USMC2010
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
You want to select the Fuel Moto tune in Slot 1. I would start with three, 20 minute Auto Tune sessions using the Auto Tune Basic application. When you enable AT-Basic i would go to Settings on the Auto Tune screen and configure the Min MAP to 30kpa which will help prevent de-tuning the decel area. After each session you will export learned and this will create a new map in the tune manager, for the following session re-enable this map so you will always be working forward. If you need any assistance along the way you are welcome to contact us and we are here to help
A little bit of an old thread but after reading this I have a question. I have been autotuning with the Min MAP at 20kpa. I've 3 done already but it would not be a big deal for me to start over. Just how much is the decel area is affected if I keep what I have?

Old 01-27-2018, 11:41 AM
1 2 many
Road Captain
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Back from the dead

Damm I have the same question ???

Old 01-29-2018, 07:32 AM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

This one has never been adequately explained (that I could fine ...and I've asked before)...

If you set the minimum MAP to 30kpa then basically there are parts of the decel area of the map that NEVER GET ANY DATA and therefore NEVER GET TUNED.

This means that whatever canned map or otherwise you started with stays the same ...and it may be blocklocks wrong to start with. The question becomes so how do you tune that area of the tables??

You could interpolate/smooth/blend/whatever the table all the way down into the bottom left but essentially you are guessing.

Personally I don't know if this is old advice and the tuning algorithms of the PV have gotten better over the years, but I left the minimum MAP on default (20) and provided you are smooth with your data collecting my tables came out fine and with no farts pops or otherwise on the overrun.

Old 01-29-2018, 04:05 PM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Examples are so much better...

First pic is Minimum MAP=20 (Default)
Second would be what you got if you set Minimum MAP=30
(white cells = no learning = you keep whatever you started with)

Attached Thumbnails Fuel moto power vision-min-20.jpeg   Fuel moto power vision-min-30.jpeg  
Old 01-29-2018, 04:12 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

Best of my understanding that I got from a thread awhile ago. Switching to 30 is something you would do after mapping VE tables. This will keep closed loop trims away from the 20 column. during normal riding. Or if you mapped this area a different way besides stock narrow bands. You switch to 30 before you finish mapping with stock narrow bands.

Or you could just target a AFR that is in open loop in the 20 column.

Old 01-29-2018, 04:24 PM
hrdtail78
Road Warrior

Received 565 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Gordon61
Examples are so much better...

First pic is Minimum MAP=20 (Default)
Second would be what you got if you set Minimum MAP=30
(white cells = no learning = you keep whatever you started with)

Since you have it up. I'll use it as an example of blending up. Start in the zero column. Last good know is 72.3. Carry that all the way up to 6500. Take the 2% of 82.8 and carry that up to 6500. Is it perfect to do? No, but we are going to be with in a half point. Are we getting popping? Add fuel in the AFR table. Remember this is decel. No load. The goal here is to keep it from popping. So, how important is it to get them exactly spot on? If you can map these areas with sensor feedback, great. If you can't. I wouldn't loose much sleep.

The following users liked this post:
Gordon61 (01-29-2018)

Quick Reply: Fuel moto power vision