Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Fuel moto power vision

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 04:08 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Fuel moto power vision

I've watched the installation video for auto tune but I get different screens ?

Firstly do I select my original tune or the one sent to me with the device from fuel moto ?

Secondly, which ever one I select I get this screen with 4 options ?

I'm not sure which of the 4 I should be selecting, also once set up for auto tune how long should I be riding the bike for ?

Old 04-03-2016, 04:32 AM
cgmartine
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

No one has jumped in yet, so I will put in my two cents, since I installed my Powervision tuner a few days ago. Number three is what it says, a copy of the original tune. You can leave that alone for now. That is the tune that was in your bike ecm when the tuner and bike were married. It seems that your tuner is only loaded with a single tune. Usually, you get at least four different ones. It that tune matches what you have, meaning a Slim, that would be the one to go with and choose that one to flash to your ecm. Besides, since that is the only one available to you, it seems you have no other choice. I am sure Fuel Moto can help you out with other tunes that are a closer match to your bike and the way it is set up. Good luck.

The following users liked this post:
paullavery (04-03-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 05:20 AM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Hi Paul, if you bought yours from FM then their value add is the great support they offer and they will load a starting map for your ride into the PV before they ship it out. (I don't get trips to the states and/or can't afford the import duty so when I bought mine from here in the UK, it came with no pre loaded custom slots at all )

S-16-110-SLIM-SO suggests a Softail 2016 110 which matches your pic of your Slim S so I'd assume this is the one they sent you to use.

Program the bike with that; autotune that and (if you only bought a basic Power Vision and have not changed your O2 sensors) select Basic/OEM Narowbands.

cheers

paullavery (04-03-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 09:29 AM
paullavery
Road Master

Originally Posted by Gordon61
Hi Paul, if you bought yours from FM then their value add is the great support they offer and they will load a starting map for your ride into the PV before they ship it out. (I don't get trips to the states and/or can't afford the import duty so when I bought mine from here in the UK, it came with no pre loaded custom slots at all )

S-16-110-SLIM-SO suggests a Softail 2016 110 which matches your pic of your Slim S so I'd assume this is the one they sent you to use.

Program the bike with that; autotune that and (if you only bought a basic Power Vision and have not changed your O2 sensors) select Basic/OEM Narowbands.

cheers
Cheers Gordon,

I've loaded the map they inc but since then have added a k&n filter so thought an auto tune would be a good idea, I'll go for the Basic/OEM Narrowbands then.

Cheers, Paul.

Old 04-03-2016, 09:53 AM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 207 Likes on 143 Posts

Slot 1 tune, then basic autotune with stock o2's.

paullavery (04-03-2016)
Old 04-03-2016, 10:34 AM
Gordon61
Road Warrior
Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by paullavery
I've loaded the map they inc but since then have added a k&n filter so thought an auto tune would be a good idea, I'll go for the Basic/OEM Narrowbands then.
Lots of info and experience in the forum here but get the software installed on your computer, save your original hidden .STK stock tune, the Copy of your original tune, and the map that FM sent you, and do not overwrite them! that way you can always get them back again should a need arise.

Then follow the vids on autotuning

happy tuning

Old 04-03-2016, 04:48 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

I've watched the installation video for auto tune but I get different screens ?

Firstly do I select my original tune or the one sent to me with the device from fuel moto ?

Secondly, which ever one I select I get this screen with 4 options ?

I'm not sure which of the 4 I should be selecting, also once set up for auto tune how long should I be riding the bike for ?
You want to select the Fuel Moto tune in Slot 1. I would start with three, 20 minute Auto Tune sessions using the Auto Tune Basic application. When you enable AT-Basic i would go to Settings on the Auto Tune screen and configure the Min MAP to 30kpa which will help prevent de-tuning the decel area. After each session you will export learned and this will create a new map in the tune manager, for the following session re-enable this map so you will always be working forward. If you need any assistance along the way you are welcome to contact us and we are here to help

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

paullavery (04-03-2016)
Old 04-05-2016, 12:09 PM
paullavery
Road Master

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
You want to select the Fuel Moto tune in Slot 1. I would start with three, 20 minute Auto Tune sessions using the Auto Tune Basic application. When you enable AT-Basic i would go to Settings on the Auto Tune screen and configure the Min MAP to 30kpa which will help prevent de-tuning the decel area. After each session you will export learned and this will create a new map in the tune manager, for the following session re-enable this map so you will always be working forward. If you need any assistance along the way you are welcome to contact us and we are here to help
Thanks, have changed the kpa from 20 to 30. When I do the 3 sessions do I export after each session & then after each run add it to the same slot or do I leave it for the whole 3 sessions & then export & flash it to the ecm ?

Old 04-05-2016, 12:44 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Thanks, have changed the kpa from 20 to 30. When I do the 3 sessions do I export after each session & then after each run add it to the same slot or do I leave it for the whole 3 sessions & then export & flash it to the ecm ?
After each session you will export learned and this will allow you to create a new calibration in the Tune Manager. (We generally choose a new slot rather than overwriting and earlier calibration which will allow you to go back to your earlier map if necessary). For the following tuning session you will then re-enable this new map so you are always working forward with corrected data.

paullavery (04-05-2016)
Old 04-09-2016, 08:49 PM
jdw1
Road Captain
Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts

Subscribing

Quick Reply: Fuel moto power vision