Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision incompatible with new low rider S?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 08:37 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts
Default Power Vision incompatible with new low rider S?

I just bought a tune license for my new Low Rider S, and was planning on using it today, when I came to a realization. To use auto tune, after the tune session you have to stop the motor, but leave the ignition "on" to download and process the data.

The low rider S has no ignition switch. The run/stop switch acts as the ignition as well, in combination with the fob. Once you go to "off" - the bike shuts down completely. How is the PV going to work with that I wonder...

Not so good I think...

Any thoughts?

Old 04-17-2016, 10:19 AM
blackscootersociety
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

call the tech support tomorrow (dunno if they're open on Sundays) and ask. I'm sure there is some type of answer, if not, perhaps they'll work on something for ya.

I thought they did have an ignition... I can't remember, but when I demo rode one of these I could've sworn the guy told me there wasn't anything like that on the demo's, you just started them and rode away. I just assumed they hid the fob somewhere and didn't really think much of it. I'm sure they could prolly shut it down remotely if it got stolen on the demo though. Afterall, the moco has more money than all of us combined it seems.

Old 04-17-2016, 12:02 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Actually, I think I figured it out. Running the auto tune, the PV is collecting data it uses to build a new tune. So what I did: started auto tune. Loaded the modified map. Shut down and Rrstarted the bike. Back into the auto tune menu, started the data log. Ran my 20-30 minute sample. Pulled over (bike still running) stopped datalog, "yes" to "do you want to export values to a new tune" (or whatever it says) it then saved the new auto tune to a new slot. Shut down. Run/stop back on (not running) loaded new modified map which was just generated by the auto tune. Done.

Seemed to work perfectly. I think the main difference is when the motor is stopped but ignition is still on (like my last bike), the PV prompts clear the auto tune modifications from what was loaded into the ECM, which it won't do while the motor is running?

I'll call dynojet tomorrow to confirm, but it's running really good so far...

Last edited by Mchad; 04-17-2016 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:54 AM
blackscootersociety
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Good news that you figured something out. I read that you re-licensed your PV for this bike. Maybe the newest versions off the shelf are programmed slightly different.

It looks like maybe you traded in your old bike, but you can get two licenses with the PV's right?

Old 04-18-2016, 10:03 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
I just bought a tune license for my new Low Rider S, and was planning on using it today, when I came to a realization. To use auto tune, after the tune session you have to stop the motor, but leave the ignition "on" to download and process the data.

The low rider S has no ignition switch. The run/stop switch acts as the ignition as well, in combination with the fob. Once you go to "off" - the bike shuts down completely. How is the PV going to work with that I wonder...

Not so good I think...

Any thoughts?
Power Vision is fully compliant with the 2016 Dyna Low Rider S and it is compatible with all features. You will use the handlebar run switch when you are prompted to turn igntion switch off (same as 14-current CVO models), and if you need to go back to the PV for any features you will turn the switch back on to power re-initialize the PV unit.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 04-18-2016, 09:44 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by blackscootersociety
Good news that you figured something out. I read that you re-licensed your PV for this bike. Maybe the newest versions off the shelf are programmed slightly different.

It looks like maybe you traded in your old bike, but you can get two licenses with the PV's right?
Think you can get as many licenses as you need, but it can only be married to one bike at a time. You'd have to go into the WinPV software to switch it I believe.