Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

CKP Sensor part number for Sporster 48 2015

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 09:06 PM
nickvda
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default CKP Sensor part number for Sporster 48 2015

Hi,

I just got back from a 1200 mile trip and it seems that for some reason my CKP sensor is failing. I am getting the occasional p0374 check engine code which is for a faulty CKP sensor. I looked around the forums and I have the same issue as people who have had problems with the same sensor:
  • Idle RPMs drop to the point of almost turning off the bike.
  • Lots of backfiring, but only sometimes (when bike reaches certain temperature).
  • Engine seems to be struggling for air.
Based on everything it seems that my CKP sensor has gone bad. Does anyone have the part number for the CKP sensor for a Sportster 2015 (it is a 48)? I looked around and couldn't find the part number.

Heck, I am not even sure if I can get some sort of generic sensor. I was thinking of getting two since people say these sensors fail quite constantly.

Thanks

Old 04-23-2017, 07:52 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Wink

Hi from the UK and welcome to HDF. There are on-line parts websites where you can check the part numbers for every item on your bike. I use this one.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:08 PM
nickvda
Stage IV

Thanks for the link.

The part number is 32707-01C in case anyone needs it.

Thanks

Old 05-01-2018, 02:20 PM
rebel7
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Nickvda, sorry for resurrecting an old post, but did changing out the CKP sensor fix all the issues you had?

I think I'm running into the same problem.

Thanks.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:28 AM
nickvda
Stage IV

Hi Rebel, the issue was not actually the CKP. It ended up being the MAP sensor. However, the MAP sensor was working correctly, the problem is that one of the cables (near the sensor) seems to have broken.

You can check this by basically using your hands to move the cables near the MAP sensor. Keep in mind that it takes a few seconds for the motorcycle to actually "notice" that the cable is connected or disconnected, so it is a bit frustrating to find. If you wiggle the cable a bit and the sensor gets marked with a check engine that is your likely culprit.

You can get a replacement connector and cable from BMotorsports.com and I got the GM Delphi / Packard - 4 way metripack 150.2 sealed male connector Pigtail for iac, black. About 11 USD shipped.

Another issue I had was that another cable was also pinched from my cobra power module (sort of like a power commander). So I basically cut the pinched wire and soldered on a new wire. After I did all of this the errors went away, but the main culprit was definitely that pinched cable near the MAP sensor. By the way, even though the cable was pinched, from the outside the cable looked intact.

Hope this helps!

The following users liked this post:
rebel7 (05-29-2018)
Old 05-29-2018, 11:30 AM
rebel7
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you for the reply Nickvda, I'm going to definitely check this out. I replaced the CKP but I had the issue pop up again after a long ride. I have to think that it has something to do with the harness since the symptoms only appear when the bike gets hot. Most likely a wire fatiguing.

Unfortunately I had the same thing happening with the main wiring harness due to a broken wire in the fuel injector connector so I am pretty sure that this is related. I'm almost half tempted to buy a new harness at this point before another wire breaks.