Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

How can an FP3 revise/amend/fine-tune a canned Map when its been detached?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 12:45 PM
Paul32730
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Fp3

For me so far, since I haven't don't the autotune thing yet, the throttle progressivity setting has been the most bang for the buck. The video was spot on. I was having a stumble almost every time I pulled away from a light or a stop. Since this is my first bike with TBW, I thought I had a tuning problem. I learned a lot about the TBW issue here and also learned that V&H made a Throttle Pak that fixed that issue. That's how I first learned about the FP3. After reading about both I couldn't see paying half the cost of an FP3 and only addressing the TBW issue.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the feel of your throttle after using this feature.

Paul

Old 06-22-2017, 02:41 PM
25-06
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul32730
For me so far, since I haven't don't the autotune thing yet, the throttle progressivity setting has been the most bang for the buck. The video was spot on. I was having a stumble almost every time I pulled away from a light or a stop. Since this is my first bike with TBW, I thought I had a tuning problem. I learned a lot about the TBW issue here and also learned that V&H made a Throttle Pak that fixed that issue. That's how I first learned about the FP3. After reading about both I couldn't see paying half the cost of an FP3 and only addressing the TBW issue.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the feel of your throttle after using this feature.

Paul
Yeah, I can't wait! Should be able to select the Moderate setting and flash it here sometime tomorrow.

On my Slim, the Stage-1 changes (intake and exhaust) and the new (canned) FP3 Map itself were a huge improvement over stock, so if the Throttle Progressivity setting adds to it all by even 10-20%, I'll be absolutely elated.

Thanks again for you postings!