Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

07 Harley Davidson street glide crank but no start, Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 10:12 PM
Reodanny
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 Harley Davidson street glide crank but no start, Help!

Hi guys, maybe someone can help me, I purchase a 2007 Harley street glide that was laid down (got in accident) and sat for a few months. Nothing major just the front fairing was cracked and a few scrapes on the bags and engine guard.
i Put it back together, and it cranks, i got fuel but no spark, I can hear the fuel pump and when I disconnect the fuel line it even squirts fuel really good. I hooked up a coil tester, you know the kind with the light bulb that lights up as it gets current, but nothing, I'm NOT getting any spark. All fuses are good, and the motorcycle has a Dyno-Jet power commander 3, that I notice it doesn't lights up. Is it suppose to light up? Looks like there's led lights in the power commander module..
Also I read something about a "tilt sensor" could it be that? And where is it located..?

I need help pls.. 😕

Old 06-25-2017, 06:52 AM
WinH
Stage IV

I have a similar issue on my 04 Road Glide. Bike shut down at @60 two Saturdays ago. I've got lights, dash lights, fuel pump, cranking, just no spark. Any info would be appreciated.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:36 PM
Reodanny
1st Gear

Originally Posted by WinH
I have a similar issue on my 04 Road Glide. Bike shut down at @60 two Saturdays ago. I've got lights, dash lights, fuel pump, cranking, just no spark. Any info would be appreciated.

Hey winH, from whay I been reading, and from what a technician told me, your problem is gonna be the "crank position sensor" check that, also the connections..
Best luck 😉

Old 07-02-2017, 03:27 PM
MURPHCC1
Club Member
Received 2,791 Likes on 1,359 Posts

WEll.....I'll try to help....one thing is the tilt sensor.....or Bank Angle Sensor....not sure if you have it or not......it's in the switch housing in the handlebars.......cycle ignition switch off and on a few times, that resets it if you have it.
Also......if there is no compression seen by the computer it won't fire......so if you have both plugs out....it doesn't see compression and no spark..ION sensing issue there...put one back in.....then try the spark test against motor.

Old 07-02-2017, 05:36 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,589 Likes on 5,164 Posts

Check the codes easy to do. Good chance it is Crankshaft sensor. Code will confirm it.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:22 AM
Reodanny
1st Gear

Originally Posted by smitty901
Check the codes easy to do. Good chance it is Crankshaft sensor. Code will confirm it.
How do you check the codes?
Thx you Smitty!

Old 07-03-2017, 11:24 AM
Reodanny
1st Gear

Originally Posted by MURPHCC1
WEll.....I'll try to help....one thing is the tilt sensor.....or Bank Angle Sensor....not sure if you have it or not......it's in the switch housing in the handlebars.......cycle ignition switch off and on a few times, that resets it if you have it.
Also......if there is no compression seen by the computer it won't fire......so if you have both plugs out....it doesn't see compression and no spark..ION sensing issue there...put one back in.....then try the spark test against motor.

Thx you Murph, I Will try that 😀

Old 07-05-2017, 11:03 AM
WinH
Stage IV

Hey guys, thought I'd run the codes and this is what I got: PO 108 "Map Sensor Failed High"; PO261 "Front Injector open/low"; PO 263 "Rear Injector open/low". The PN it's giving me is 32856-02C. That one I can't find - replaced by 02D? What do you think?

Old 07-05-2017, 11:49 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

Disconnect/remove the PowerCommander and see if the bike runs.
Bob

The following users liked this post:
WinH (07-05-2017)
Old 07-05-2017, 03:03 PM
Reodanny
1st Gear

Originally Posted by FLTRI17
Disconnect/remove the PowerCommander and see if the bike runs.
Bob
Hi Bob, I did tried that, it still not firing up, actually the power commander does lights up.

Thx you

Quick Reply: 07 Harley Davidson street glide crank but no start, Help!