Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

power vision and target tune issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 05:30 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts
Default power vision and target tune issue

ok like title says I'm going to post pics, I'm ONLY doing this tonight as if it is simply I'm not waiting long enough for it to "power up" than I will do and not bother Jamie, otherwise, I will talk to him, but any input is greatly appreciated...ok 6 hours to wire, both, I modified mount to fit 1 1/2"{ fat bars, and I have odd, so its the cleanest neatest wiring job I could do till 3am last night lol, problem, when I installed rear Wideband o2, I. used a plumbing basin wrench as my rocker c, its not easy to get to, when I did, I noticed on side, it dimpled body, and pushed another side, and third pic where it looks perfect, is what I saw, thats why I didn't realize I did that, other pics, are just to show you I'm not a hack, not showing off just, that I took my time, and its installed properlly, its not hard, I'm a controls guy for commercial HVAC Union day job, so I wire up Rooms full of all sorts/sizes of controls, bfs systems etc.... ok moving o0n , if this is causing my issue I need a new, one, I'm going top order a new one anyhow, as knowing its like that, will bother me, I just spent $8,500k in mods, motor/bars/NAME IT, this was second round

this was my view top zero damage

this is sneaking in camera from pipe side, I took better pics last night I have no idea where they went, I had heat guard off etc...

and a lil crush here

ok now the only other thing I did, was to be able to do closed loop, the plug for front o2 sensor was in top of front voltage box, I pulled pink/black/white wires <2> traced them made sure, and I cut and soldered under oil tank as to again, keep install clean, other than these 2 things everything is perfect, but cutting the o2 clip from front was only way, as it goes into a thick heat proof tube, and than a slinky line , with 12 other wires, so it had to be done that way, there should be nothing "wrong" with that, just pointing it out, again the OCD in me....when I get new rear o2 sensor, I'm actually going to drop oil tank ,so I can get clip inside there, as I have perfect space up front for it, and no one will see anything, o2 wire, will just make left turn to oil tank, up in and 'GONE' LOL , THANKS AGAIN GUYS

put hole in lid, and used screw pop in from power vision clip to mount, I am going to black sharpie the grey out, and actually ordering the chin spoiler from dk customs, has breather grill...but its secure and clean, and the ONLY place I could put connector, the wide band connectors, and sensors are different animals, one look and you can tell everything about them is serious business!!!!

came up w/clean look doing that, I since sharpies the grey clip and its all black, nice improvement

this looks sloppy cause the rocker has this big plug there, that does nothing?? it was zip tied back, don't know what its for or is at this time, if anyone knows, please do tell....lol

I cleaned the o2 holes, blew them w compressed. air, to ensure new sensors had a clean home....

see kept o2 line low away from heat and secured w/metal tap zip ties...

have a lithium battery I just put in with all mods, so I had extra room for wires, also have a badlands module wired in there as I have breakout rear fender, and all custom dynamic led, as you see I looped all extra wire at top of lithium battery, nothing JAMME3D in anywhere, everything has a home...,,,,

wideband vs narrow for those who don't know, like me!!!~

So to the point, when I turn on, I hear a click alll lights turn on, fuel pump kicks on, but power vision is blank, and no led at tartest tune? I only waited a minute like stated didn't want to harm anything, my question is, do you wait longer for it all to fire up, as when I took target tune out of loop, and plugged in power vision directly, Powered right up, as normally? will a bad o2 sensor shut everything down like that, and do those dimples look bad enough to do so?> or do I have to wait a few minutes for it to initialize and get "online" as I never fired up till just before?? Again wiring is perfect, nothing wrong? just wanted to see if its me/sensor/or bad target tune, not sure why the power vision didn't light up as its a splitter? to me with controls, if theres nothing in front of the circuit to interrupt it, but should work? so any advise would be appreciated, if not, I will call Jamie in morning, thanks in advance guys!!

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 09-19-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:38 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

I thought I read somewhere I could test o2 sensors? not the water issue, like disconnect one, and if blinks etc? is that the case, or any way I can safely diagnose, otherwise I'm waiting till I get Jamie on line, as I don't want to do damage....just to save some ideas, all wires are landed correctlly, and in control secured, I have lil tips on getting wires like this into small controls, this is not a issue for me...

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 09-19-2017 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:42 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

OK SO I WENT DOWN, UN PLUGGED RE PLUGGED, NOW POWER VISION COMES ON RIGHT AWAY, AND TT STARTS WITH A GREEN BLEEP DOES 3 BLEEPS GREEN A FEW TIMES, THAN STAYS GREEEN? THOUGHT WAS RED? HERES A PIC