Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision O2 Reading Stuck at 17.90

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 11:25 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by AtticusFinch
Brian from Fuel Moto suggested swapping the front and rear sensors to troubleshoot whether the front one was bad. Turned out to be a good suggestion. Looks like the sensor that was in the front, and is now in the rear, must be bad.

This is the sensor formerly installed in the front cylinder.

Attachment 579504

Here's the one from the rear.

Attachment 579505

And here's the Power Vision reading now that I have swapped them.

Attachment 579506
*edit* issue resolved per Brian

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Last edited by fuelmoto; 12-14-2017 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:44 AM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

That is correct -- or at least it's in the process of being resolved. Brian quickly shipped out a replacement O2 sensor. I'm hoping it arrives today and then we'll confirm the resolution for sure. Brian was very helpful. The customer support from Fuel Moto was just what you would hope it would be.

Old 12-14-2017, 11:51 AM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TomCop
Actually switching the O2 sensors and not interchanging the cables will not make any difference. Can't you unplug the O2 front connector and plug the O2 rear connector in and vice versa. You should be able to do that at your controls module, and if not than indeed taking the front O2 sensor and place in the rear exhaust header and the other way around. Leaving the signal cables routed as it is.
The cables aren't long enough to allow a swap of the cables with the O2 sensors remaining in their original positions. When I swapped the sensor positions I also swapped their connections. That was the whole point of the swap really. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear.

So to be perfectly clear . . . just in case anyone is reading this looking to address a similar problem, the swapping procedure was as follows:
  1. Disconnect front O2 sensor from cable.
  2. Remove front O2 sensor from exhaust header
  3. Disconnect rear O2 sensor from cable
  4. Remove rear O2 sensor from exhaust header
  5. Install O2 sensor that had been in front ehaust header into rear exhaust header.
  6. Connect that O2 sensor to rear sensor cable.
  7. Install O2 sensor that was previously in the rear exhaust header into the front exhaust header
  8. Connect that sensor to the front sensor cable.

Hopefully that eliminates any confusion.

Old 12-15-2017, 09:05 AM
AtticusFinch
Road Warrior

Just to close the loop on this discussion (pun intended), the new sensor actually arrived on Wednesday. It just went to my partner's desk instead of mine so I didn't see it until yesterday. I mention this to further highlight the great service from Brian and Fuel Moto. He shipped it immediately and by next day delivery.

Installed it this morning and all readings are normal. Thanks, everyone, for your help. Now the only reading that is a problem is the thermometer! Oh well, that's why they invented coats, gloves, and full face helmets!

The following users liked this post:
oldhippie (12-23-2017)