Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Dyno and powervision

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 10:45 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by hrdtail78
Real time closed loop has come on stock HD's since 2006. Tuning will do so much more than just showing an increase in HP at WOT. If people think that is what a dyno tune is all about. They are missing the point of the other 90% of the VE table. Sounds to me you bought into the BS advertising, and spent extra money of dumbing down the stock HD Delphi system.
Well put Jason. Funny how marketing can encourage modifications that do nothing better than the OEM system. But aftermarket system? Void you warranty! and in some cases, create a bike no one will even work on.Bob

Old 06-11-2018, 03:34 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

so the target tunes no good? I had success...... I need to get a new tune tho, I put the RB Racing 2-1 LSR Challenge pipe on my bike, the amount of air when throttle cracked is INSANE.. haven't road tested yet, but, THERES A HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!.. so im looking into large TB, as the stock 46mm on a 107ci Hillside build..and a better A/C.... I was actually, thinking of opening rocker boxes, installing new, oil air/sponge filters, and drilling the holes, etc... making sure thats all open, and working in a external breathing system, get that oil, OUT OF THE ENGINE......

55mm tb? also Injectors as well, when I cracked throttle before, it would RAMP UP. now its, like almost instant, madness... but its going to require more air/gas, thats common sense, I know how my bike responded before, and with the 107 build... that pipe set, is un-restricted, and if you own one, you can see, why he charges what he does.....even the gaskets to manifold, not a crush style, as that tiny tiny, bit of washer that may block the passage is un executable... and I appreciate that!

I also built up clutch, from basket, to Barnett kevlar, to SE spring, To SS Variable pressure plate, as well as a Baker Heavy Duty throw Out Bearing Kit, on other side...

Old 06-12-2018, 08:40 PM
Rumblin
Supporter
Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

I believe dyno tunes are worthwhile with a knowledgeable tuner. From my meager experience all day may not be far fetched but the price you've been quoted seems excessive.

The following users liked this post:
TOMMYBLAZIN (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 09:53 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rumblin
I believe dyno tunes are worthwhile with a knowledgeable tuner. From my meager experience all day may not be far fetched but the price you've been quoted seems excessive.
agreed, and with a great base tune, than a few auto tune sessions, target tune enabled, should dial in fine, I mean maybe a few HP. but I already adjusted the KPA, so I did a few other changes, as per advise from a tuner.. himself, think spa was at 22, my bike at 190degrees F' was 45kpa, told thats good compression, so I set parameter, think 5 down?maybe 41 or so, this is ALL BEFORE TUNING... so im sure ill be alot closer, not sure how much or what that spa does, but we did a couple other similar changes... when researched ,advise lined up, just not exactly for what each setting does, more for advanced tuners, etc... but he said the ones I did ill benefit, and there safe, as we had bike in certain parameters.... thats gotta help with the Wideband Auto running sessions?

Old 06-20-2018, 06:38 AM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 278 Likes on 197 Posts

What????

The following users liked this post:
Br125 (06-20-2018)
Old 06-23-2018, 02:40 PM
rsking45
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts

If you want your bike to run and perform the best it can, find a reputable dyno tuned and let them so there magic on your bike. I have both the PV and TTS. I used both to tune my bike myself and both worked well. Then I had by bike dynoed by Doc took him ,about 6 hrs and what a difference how the bike ran.
You can't beat a experienced tuner over just auto tuning.

It's been about 3 years since I had to dyno my bike ,I have to alot of mods and need to get back to Fla and see doc