Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Won't Start

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 09:09 PM
hoggzzer
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Won't Start

2015 Ultra Limited
Not sure exactly where to post this so if I need to be redirected someone pleas tell me.

Just finished an audio upgrade putting in amp, fairing speakers, TP speakers and lowers speakers. Also added the Run/Brake/Turn lights to fill the holes to the rear of bike.
Got everything put back together and it won't start. Turns over for a while then sputters and smoke comes out the air cleaner. I think I got everything plugged in and put back where it originally was.
Started and ran before audio work.
Any idea???????

Old 02-24-2018, 12:48 AM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by hoggzzer
2015 Ultra Limited
Not sure exactly where to post this so if I need to be redirected someone pleas tell me.

Just finished an audio upgrade putting in amp, fairing speakers, TP speakers and lowers speakers. Also added the Run/Brake/Turn lights to fill the holes to the rear of bike.
Got everything put back together and it won't start. Turns over for a while then sputters and smoke comes out the air cleaner. I think I got everything plugged in and put back where it originally was.
Started and ran before audio work.
Any idea???????
I'd say it's electrical wouldn't you , maybe strip back everything start it and then put it back together circuit by circuit , when it won't start you're there.
Before that go over everything again you might find a lose wire or a wrong electrical fit.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:27 AM
hoggzzer
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Got it going this morning:0):0):0)
Redid a couple plugs from gas tank and had a fully charged battery. Not sure what did it but I have a feeling my battery is going to crap.........

Old 02-24-2018, 11:25 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

“Got everything put back together and it won't start. Turns over for a while then sputters and smoke comes out the air cleaner.”
Does the bike start right up with a good battery (charge)?
Bob