Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

PowerVision Install 101 - 103" Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 05:37 PM
moose545
Road Captain
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Default PowerVision Install 101 - 103" Dyna

Hey folks, this is pretty simple aside from one question I have which is how do I get a copy of my original tune (on the ECM prior to marriage to the PV2).

1. First connect the grey connector and remove the rubber plug on the left side of the bike

2. Power on the ignition and kill switch, PV2 begins reading existing tune, and backing up. (Where I'm not sure yet, TBD since only one tune of eight is shown in my Tune Manager)

3. Accept the prompt to marry the PV2 to your sled

4. Success, no turning back now!

5. Select Custom pre-loaded tune (via Fuel Moto)

6. Review and confirm contents of selected tune

7. Tune flashing to ECM begins and is underway

8. As per FM's instructions, confirm YES.

9. When flashing is completed, per instructions turn bike kill and ignition switches off for at least 10 seconds and you're good to go.

Go ride, which as of this post I haven't done yet but will ASAP when it quits raining. Any side notes or tips would be great. Plan is to test the tune and ride, then consider the Basic-AutoTune option as needed at that point.

Old 10-10-2018, 05:40 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,913 Likes on 2,812 Posts

I have a "saved" copy of the OEM tune in memory slot one ..... but I don't recall if that was an automatic feature or if I took the steps to manually "save" it. I can go look but likely someone else will chime in too.

The following users liked this post:
moose545 (10-10-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 06:57 PM
moose545
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Northern Glide
I have a "saved" copy of the OEM tune in memory slot one ..... but I don't recall if that was an automatic feature or if I took the steps to manually "save" it. I can go look but likely someone else will chime in too.
Thanks for the reply, the instructions state when you first marry the PV to the ECM it saves the existing/stock tune, just trying to figure out how or where exactly. My tune that was existing wasn't running exactly great anyways and was a dyno-tuned run when the exhaust was added at the original owner's dealer, but I'd like to understand the unit and process a little better if I'm missing something.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:23 PM
Northern Glide
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,913 Likes on 2,812 Posts

Originally Posted by moose545
Thanks for the reply, the instructions state when you first marry the PV to the ECM it saves the existing/stock tune, just trying to figure out how or where exactly. My tune that was existing wasn't running exactly great anyways and was a dyno-tuned run when the exhaust was added at the original owner's dealer, but I'd like to understand the unit and process a little better if I'm missing something.
I believe you can find it by:
Select Program Vehicle
Select Load Tune
Select Load Copy
Select Load copy of Original
and finally designate the storage "slot" (1-6) where you wish to store the copy. I have one stored in slot 1.
Keep in mind my PV is a 4 year old version so menus screens may have changed.
Doubt I'll ever revert back to it though. Only on a sale or trade in where stock air filter and pipes would be reinstalled. PV has a "stock improved" tune that would likely be a better choice.
Good Luck !

Last edited by Northern Glide; 10-10-2018 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:28 PM
moose545
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Northern Glide
I believe you can find it by:
Select Program Vehicle
Select Load Tune
Select Load Copy
Select Load copy of Original
and finally designate the storage "slot" (1-6) where you wish to store the copy. I have one stored in slot 1.
Keep in mind my PV is a 4 year old version so menus screens may have changed.
Doubt I'll ever revert back to it though. Only on a sale or trade in where stock air filter and pipes would be reinstalled. PV has a "stock improved" tune that would like be a better choice actually.
Good Luck !

Thanks I'll try that, can't hurt so long as I didn't flash it, just want it for historical reference later. Those steps sound right, the naming convention they have for buttons to do it is confusing but I'll check and see what I get. There's also 8 slots not, not 6 as some old threads mention and my screenshots show.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:20 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

There is full documentation on each of these topics on Fuel Moto University site here https://university.fuelmotousa.com/h...-and-How-to-s-

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following users liked this post:
moose545 (10-10-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 10:24 PM
moose545
Road Captain

Great link, on it now I appreciate the response and spectacular service, unprecedented this day in age anymore!

Old 11-01-2018, 06:37 AM
moose545
Road Captain

Just wanted to give a shout out to FM again and the excellent service and tune provided to me with my PV2 purchase. Had another full spectrum run last night and the bike is night and day to what it was before the PowerVision2. The slow speed smooth running is outstanding, like from barely moving in traffic through a slow roll if needed up through 20mph, smooth as silk. Simply roll as needed, and burn it up! Highway same deal, golden, smooth and roll on it and get down the road, no jumpiness, hesitation, NADDA. On decel, zero popping, much nicer. Best money I've spent in a while, thanks for everyone's help so far in the decision making process on this forum and the folks at FM, always willing to answer whatever redundant questions I came up with!