Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Dyno jet pre configured maps

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2018, 02:34 PM
royston
Road Captain
Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Dyno jet pre configured maps

Hi Guys,
Trying to select an alternate map to the custom one supplied, looking up Dyno jet pre configured option I am able to locate tune that matches the parts I have installed but they are listed for a twin cooled M8 tourer, so im wondering if I could use the same map with my non twin cooled M8 streetglide. Anyone with knowledge in these areas tell me its a no go?
Thanks

Old 11-25-2018, 05:52 PM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,739 Likes on 3,507 Posts

Maybe call DynoJet and ask them?

Old 11-26-2018, 12:58 AM
royston
Road Captain

Originally Posted by roussfam
Maybe call DynoJet and ask them?
🤔 why didn’t I think of that ? Oh yeah I did, but hey maybe your reading aint up to your level of cynicism.

For some people AI is needed I guess...

Old 11-26-2018, 08:40 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by royston
🤔 why didn’t I think of that ? Oh yeah I did, but hey maybe your reading aint up to your level of cynicism.

For some people AI is needed I guess...
Someone's a little touchy. Just reread your original post, no mention of you calling DynoJet to ask your question, kinda left that part out If that doesn't work try try asking strangers on the Internet
I'll go first, you can use the same map. That was easy

Last edited by roussfam; 11-26-2018 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:54 AM
royston
Road Captain

Someone's a little touchy. Just reread your original post, no mention of you calling DynoJet to ask your question, kinda left that part out If that doesn't work try try asking strangers on the Internet
I'll go first, you can use the same map. That was easy
Sorry bud, frustration kicking in and no help from FM who have given me a dodgy map. Thanks for the advice - I just re entered the original map and the high idle issue has gone, now I have ruled out “antything else” I plan putting in the Dynojet pre configured map, (with a bit more confidence with your answer) as suggested.
Appreciate your advice very much -
Thanks.

Old 11-26-2018, 09:01 AM
roussfam
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by royston
Sorry bud, frustration kicking in and no help from FM who have given me a dodgy map. Thanks for the advice - I just re entered the original map and the high idle issue has gone, now I have ruled out “antything else” I plan putting in the Dynojet pre configured map, (with a bit more confidence with your answer) as suggested.
Appreciate your advice very much -
Thanks.
No worries, I'm surprised FM couldn't give you a definitive answer though. Not sure which tuner you're using but if it has the ability to smart tune you can do a couple of rides to dial it in.

Last edited by roussfam; 11-26-2018 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:18 AM
royston
Road Captain

No worries, I'm surprised FM couldn't give you a definitive answer though. Not sure which tuner you're using but if it has the ability to smart tune you can do a couple of rides to dial it in.
Got to agree, (for reference it was a PV2 unit), this is third PV I have bought from FM and had a power commander of them prior to that. No previous issues, in fact everything plug and play, previously but there is nothing to say other than this was a bad map and TBH im dissapointed with the “support” from FM, maybe being an overseas customer affected things
As we considered earlier, stock map no high idle issues,which pretty much confirmed the map from FM as the problem, then put in the pre configured map from Dynojet and equally good (if not better) as stock at cold idle. Took her out for a 5 mile run through the gears etc and performed as good as it should.
I have booked a dyno session, (to cure my paranoia if nothing else), for next month Just to get everything in place.
Thanks again for the support buddy.

Old 11-26-2018, 02:50 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 716 Likes on 566 Posts

DJ has a lot of instructional videos, especially about using the auto-tune function of the unit, with the stock 02 sensors. Take a look at the vid's and try to run a couple of AT sessions and see if it gets any better.
m

Old 11-26-2018, 02:57 PM
royston
Road Captain

Originally Posted by marcodarq
DJ has a lot of instructional videos, especially about using the auto-tune function of the unit, with the stock 02 sensors. Take a look at the vid's and try to run a couple of AT sessions and see if it gets any better.
m
Running fine now buddy, just needed a decent base map.
Thanks for your interest.

Old 11-26-2018, 03:10 PM
strych9
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,163 Likes on 3,519 Posts

I realize I'm coming in late on this one, but if idle was really the only concern, then it could have been adjusted with the PV2 on the bike. I highly recommend that anyone using a tuner know and understand what changes what and how to make the changes take effect. There will always be some variations that have to be dealt with, and most of them are simple if you study up on it. Another important point is to make sure your PV2 has the latest firmware and tune database loaded on it. Failure to do this can result in some tables being hidden when you attempt to pull them up in WinPV. Any base tune will require a minimum of two 20-minute auto-tune runs with those adjustments applied after each.

Glad you got it sorted.