Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Stock tune with SE Pro Street

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 06:19 AM
polbit
Tourer
Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts
Default Stock tune with SE Pro Street

I just got my Pro Street tuner, and won't have my muffler and A/C for a bit. I want to adjust throttle progressiveness with the stock tune, but when I look at all the tunes available for my 2019 Sport Glide in the software, stock is not an option - Stage 1 is the lowest tune. Is there a way that I'm not seeing to download my stock tune, modify it, and download it back to the bike?

Old 02-10-2019, 09:14 AM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member
Received 887 Likes on 621 Posts

Load the Stage I, you will be fine.

Old 02-11-2019, 09:37 AM
nutsandbolts5212
Road Warrior

Received 793 Likes on 352 Posts

If you are having a problem with the throttle response, take it back to Harley, will be covered under warranty. Maybe I'm not fully understanding what you are trying to accomplish, but my advice is to keep it stock until you get the other parts of your stage 1.

Here is a link to a thread I just started a few days ago, great information: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...motor-2-a.html

Old 02-11-2019, 09:54 AM
polbit
Tourer

Originally Posted by nutsandbolts5212
If you are having a problem with the throttle response, take it back to Harley, will be covered under warranty. Maybe I'm not fully understanding what you are trying to accomplish, but my advice is to keep it stock until you get the other parts of your stage 1.

Here is a link to a thread I just started a few days ago, great information: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...motor-2-a.html
To put it simply, I want to increase throttle aggressiveness from stock settings, as I find it very lazy, and I'm used to modifying it on my other Harleys. I should be able to grab the stock tune, modify it, then load it back up, but for some reason Pro Street tuner doesn't have that option, as far as I can see...

Old 02-11-2019, 10:03 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by polbit
To put it simply, I want to increase throttle aggressiveness from stock settings, as I find it very lazy, and I'm used to modifying it on my other Harleys. I should be able to grab the stock tune, modify it, then load it back up, but for some reason Pro Street tuner doesn't have that option, as far as I can see...
I'm more familiar with the SE Pro Super Tuner, aka "race tuner", but I have had several conversations with our senior tech, and he has told me, very clearly, that the capabilities of the Street Tuner are dramatically reduced from the Super Tuner. Some parameters in the tune can only be adjusted by very small amounts, and some changes can no longer be made. You may need to talk to someone who has used it extensively, and you may find out that you can't change throttle progressivity with the Street Tuner.

I know you can't simply "...grab the stock tune and modify it...", because you can't modify "everything" in the tune any more.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:35 AM
polbit
Tourer

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
I'm more familiar with the SE Pro Super Tuner, aka "race tuner", but I have had several conversations with our senior tech, and he has told me, very clearly, that the capabilities of the Street Tuner are dramatically reduced from the Super Tuner. Some parameters in the tune can only be adjusted by very small amounts, and some changes can no longer be made. You may need to talk to someone who has used it extensively, and you may find out that you can't change throttle progressivity with the Street Tuner.

I know you can't simply "...grab the stock tune and modify it...", because you can't modify "everything" in the tune any more.
Throttle sensitivity tables are one thing that can be adjusted, and I verified before purchasing. I understand that this is an EPA compliant device and as such there are many parameters that are not adjustable, but this one is.
​​i

Old 02-11-2019, 10:39 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Throttle sensitivity tables are one thing that can be adjusted, and I verified before purchasing. I understand that this is an EPA compliant device and as such there are many parameters that are not adjustable, but this one is.
​​i
Good to know! Thanks for the reply!

Old 02-11-2019, 10:46 AM
polbit
Tourer

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Good to know! Thanks for the reply!
Yeah, the Street version needs to hold me over until warranty runs out, then it's PV, full exhaust and cams

Old 02-11-2019, 10:57 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Yeah, the Street version needs to hold me over until warranty runs out, then it's PV, full exhaust and cams

Old 02-11-2019, 06:21 PM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member
Received 887 Likes on 621 Posts

See post #2

Quick Reply: Stock tune with SE Pro Street