Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

124" break in period, safe tune options?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 06:15 PM
superprohero
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 124" break in period, safe tune options?

Just about to wrap up this S&S 124" hot setup kit build as soon as the heads get back and I'm out of the loop on a break in tune for this thing. Having a local tuner dyno tune it when it's fully broke in. He has a mobile dyno setup and is sometimes hard to get a hold of but he prefers Direct Link. He didn't say anything specific other than that's what he prefers so I was wondering if I should get the Maximus?

He also stated if I brought the Direct Link and the ECM up to the shop he could flash a ballpark map for the 1000 mile break in period until it was time for dyno tuning. Like I said he can be hard to get a hold of sometimes since he's on the road a lot so is there a way to get a map and flash myself with the Maximus just for the break in period? Where the hell would you find such a map or is that something he would have to supply?

On another note he said he "prefers" Direct Link but could use any of them. Is there a better/similar option that would allow me to flash my own break in map? And again where the hell do you get a map?
My build is as follows:
07 FLHRCI S&S 124" Hot setup kit, 11:1 cr, Tman 662-2G cams, HPI 58mm, HPI 5.3 injectors, Boarzilla 2:1, S&S Hot setup heads were sent off to Megaflo for the Hot street bigger valve port job, Scorpion clutch, BDL compensator.