Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Screamin Eagle Deuce air/fuel question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 06:05 PM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screamin Eagle Deuce air/fuel question

eI just installed the V&H Big Radius pipes on my 03....I also installed the V&H FuelPac. I looked through the included instructions and on the web site and there was no specific set of values for a 2003 FXSTD-SE with the 1550cc/95ci engine at all. I call their tech line and was told to use a setting for a totally different bike that also used a 95ci engine. Now the problem is that at about 1/8-1/4 throttle opening in first or second gear I get sort of a surging and unsteady RPM rate. At the upper limits of the RPM range and wider throttle openings its fine....also fine on deceleration. So I started thinking....if this bike came from the CVO factory with a K&N high flow air filter, and a set of fairly loud free flowing pipes....along with all the other goodies that are stock on a SE motor, the fuel mapping should be fine if all I change is the pipes. So I have since taken off the FuelPac (just for the weekend till V&H tech is open on Monday), and I been riding her around like that. Well it runs much better this way. Its fast as hell and has no drive-ability issues. So my question is....Do you think I need to change the fuel/air ratio to match the V&H BR pipes or just keep it this way. Oh and BTW I went on a nice ride yesterday mixed highway and small roads for about 15 miles, and when I got home after the bike cooled down I pulled the plugs to see how it was running lean/rich.....well it looked about perfect.....the neg electrode was a nice light brown to tan color.....admitdly it was darker when I looked at them after a ride with the FuelPac installed.