Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Carb to EFI Conversion - Does anyone make a complete kit?

Old 01-03-2008, 03:39 PM
tata455
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb to EFI Conversion - Does anyone make a complete kit?

Does anyone make a complete kit to change a Carbed bike over to an EFI one? I searched the threads, but didn't find anything current or helpful in answering that question. Thanks for the info in advance.

Old 01-22-2008, 11:40 PM
nightrodsing
Stage IV
Default RE: Carb to EFI Conversion - Does anyone make a complete kit?

Hi, have you found anything yet. I am looking at a dyna 2000 but are more to injection....

Old 01-23-2008, 05:51 AM
pistole
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

www.pegasusfi.com

Old 01-23-2008, 06:18 AM
Ironhorseman
Cruiser

There is a complete changeover in the J&P cycle catalog, I know I see it everytime I take a seat in the restroom. It's just not for resting anymore, besides sometimes it's the only time I can get any time alone!

Old 01-23-2008, 09:28 AM
EVOrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 275 Likes on 202 Posts

It can be done.....expensive and possibly time consuming. It is much easier to convert EFI to carburetor, but not vice versa.

If you must have EFI.....I would recommend finding a bike that came with EFI from the factory and buy it.

Carburetors work just as well as EFI if properly tuned.....Are you having troubles with your carburetor?

Old 01-26-2008, 08:48 PM
tata455
Advanced

Not having any problems. Just like the bike and was thinking of upgrading it to EFI. The PFI system looks pretty cool. I didn't find a kit at the J&P web site, but maybe it is only in the catalog. Just thought it would be a cool idea to have a kit to do this. I am surprised HD hasn't come out with one, but I suspect they would rather you bought another bike too!!

Old 02-05-2008, 06:14 AM
Classic Beast
Tourer

RB Racing http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/index.htmhas a complete kit as I plan on doing the same thing on my 127" I bought a couple of their pipes and they are really good quality but since everything is custom made it takes a while to get things, just be patient when you deal with them. Their website has been up since 1999 and in business for about 20 years or more and don't sell through dealers. I looked at the S&S VFI but since my motor doesn't have a crank trigger it's a problem also fuel pump etc etc needs to be added. The Rb unit includes everything, the site has a lot of information on it and don't be afraid to pick up the phone and talk to them.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:54 AM
zoomie67
Tourer

I've done some research on this one. I bought a carbed RG last year and was interested in going to efi. You have to do a ton of work and spend a ton ofmoneyif you want to do the Delphi system. A new fuel pump, fuel gauge,wiring harness, throttle body, air cleaner, and ignition box. Cost far outweighs benefit. Much better off modding the stock carb or going to a mikuni.

Old 02-05-2008, 12:09 PM
whittlebeast
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

www.msefi.com Huge learning curve but doable. Far more adjustable that anything normally in the Harley world. Even the SERT only has about 25% of what should be adjustable.

AW

Old 07-09-2008, 09:02 AM
cznmike
Advanced

I'm wanting to go the opposite direction. I've got a 06 softail standard and I'm going to convert it over this winter. As a semi-wrench, I can't stand the inability of tinkering with an EFI system without a computer and the right maps. dyno testing etc.
Upside of EFI to me: Let it do its diags, wait for the light to go off and it'll start every time.
Downside of EFI to me: Not really adjustable without software and correct connector and PC- so any changes- go the the $tealer. Also makes a harley sound like a singer sewing machine on steroids.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Carb to EFI Conversion - Does anyone make a complete kit?