Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Screamin' Eagle Pro EFI Super Tuner

Old 01-25-2008, 12:06 PM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Screamin' Eagle Pro EFI Super Tuner

Will the software be available for download or will it need to be purchased?

Old 01-25-2008, 12:43 PM
deadwood1783
Intermediate

The new software will be available on CD and will be updateable via internet. You will have to have the new software to use a SuperTuner dongle. As far as com one will not com with the other. You will be able to copy and paste tables etc. from an earlier version into the tables of the later version.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:52 PM
TickTock
Club Member

I was just wondering if you could just load up the software without the dongle and test ride it around... For instance I can go to zippers website and download the tmax software and run it even though I don't have a tmax.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:28 PM
fxrp
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Shovelhead Bob

ORIGINAL: 2005UltraNC

3. Any plans for automatic tuning in this or future SERT versions? Unknown at this point

So it's still 1976 2-wire, unheated, narrow band O2 sensors.

A new interface. Oh Joy Oh Rapture!

And a few minutes of memory in the dongle. Gee think they could afford it?

A turd by any other name smells . . . ??????

Old 01-25-2008, 04:42 PM
TickTock
Club Member

[sm=popcorn.gif]Here we go again... [sm=headbang.gif]

Old 01-25-2008, 05:47 PM
movenice
Advanced

I'm liking this Pro thingamabob! I will more than likely go this direction adding a FatCat & Doherty PowerPACC to the mix. If a picture is worth a thousand words, here's a thousand...

[IMG]local://upfiles/43215/6D348F3491DC44D4A41569F5DC3D1C0D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-25-2008, 05:55 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

iF YOU HAVE nothing constructive TO SPEAK ABOUT, THEN DON'T......

You constantly extoll the virtues of the T-Max, but I have already removed 2 and gone back to SERT tuned ECM's due to the fact that the bike would pass everything except a filling station....

One custome had his done at Zippers in Md., not a happy camper.....

I know how to tune, and I take great pride in it... after all, the end result is more word of mouth business and my name in lights..... The SERT is a VERY SIMPLE to use tool (In the proper hands)....

Please consider yourself uninvited from this particular topic, as I do not wish nor desire to endure a long winded tirade from you on how the T-Max is so superior....

The end result is plain and simple....

THE TUNING DEVICE IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE TECHNICIAN WHO IS MANIPULATING THE DATA....

Old 01-25-2008, 06:25 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

ORIGINAL: Shovelhead Bob
THE TUNING DEVICE IS ONLY AS GOOD AS THE TECHNICIAN WHO IS MANIPULATING THE DATA....
So true. The real issue with the SERT is the HD dealer network doesn't have enough "real" tuners out there. I have spent several hundred bucks on a tune at a dealer where they wouldn't give me a copy of the map they loaded. They told me they had no "capability" to make a copy. ( hard to believe since my 9 year old daughter knows how to burn a file onto a jump drive) I have purchased 2 new motorcycles from them and will never set foot in one of their stores again. The "dyno" tune had to be re-done and the re-do was worse. So my gripe with a new tuner system which is really based on the old system is that they should train their dealer network before they release a new product.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:56 PM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

Train their techs before the product comes out.......Harley........never....lol

Old 01-26-2008, 01:13 AM
vettedog72
Tourer

Sounds like the newsystem will be easer to install/tune than the SERT. From the discussion above, I don't seea performance advantage over the SERT which can optimally change the fuel ratio and spark timing for individual cylinders by small increments of RPM. Iguess the changes in atmosphere, humidity, temperature etc are real important for the ultimate fuel ratio andtiming of the ignition at track side; but for street use, I don't see an advantage. All of that said, if the new tuner is easer for the tech to use, the $100 upcharge should be well offset by reducing the dyno time.Other wise, you can just down load any canned map that is recommended with out considering the individual charateristics of each motor, intake and exhuast.

If I was buying one today, only the leatest would do for me.

One more "if": if some computer savy motor head could make an add on dooda that would make the EFIget down with the idle sounds of the carburated motor he could have something as good as dolby is for sounds.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Screamin' Eagle Pro EFI Super Tuner