Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Commander Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 06:38 AM
roadrider
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Commander Question

Yesterday I took out a power commander 3r out of my 2001 E/G and replaced it with a power commander 3.Are these two units the same?

Old 02-10-2008, 10:37 AM
VTwinJaxFL
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Power Commander Question

I was bored, so I used google to search and found tons of info
The Power Commander 2 or PCII was introduced in 1999 and featured the latest surface mount electronics. Additional features were added like the faceplate button adjustment. The Power Commander II also allowed fuel and ignition adjustment on select models. The PCII utilizes "sensor offset" technology to adjust the fuel curve. Signals from the various sensors on the bike are monitored by the PCII and these signals are recalculated and sent to the ECU in order to achieve the required fuel curve.
The Dynojet Power Commander PCIIIR was introduced in November 2000 and utilizes the same "direct injector control" technology as the PCIII. The "r" version contains additional circuitry and in some cases, additional connectors, which allow Ignition adjustment as well as fuel adjustment. Ignition adjustments can provide very positive results on the race track, where factors like special fuel and highly tuned engines are used.
The Power Commander PCIII USB offers several features to ease the tuning of your Fuel Injection system.
USB Port provides an instant, problem free way to connect your PC to your Power Commander.
The PCIII USB provides a precise way to fine tune your motorcycle when adding a new high flow air filter, performance exhaust or other engine modifications to improve engine performance.
Each unit includes a built in microprocessor and specific MAP designed to improve performance overstock ECU. If you do not own a computer you can change your settings with three push buttons located on the face plate. No wiring modifications are needed to install the PCIII USB all connectors are OEM Style.
Direct injector control technology manages the fuel curve on models that do not have sensors to monitor fuel adjustment.
Dynojet Mobile Programming Unit
The module allows you to power up a Power Commander for changing or altering maps while disconnected from the vehicle.
Dynojet continuously develops new maps for all models, these are available for download atwww.powercommander.com.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:16 PM
roadrider
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Power Commander Question

Thanks for the reply, I'm just looking to go cruising lots of freeway@ 75 mph or so. It looks like I got the right one so I'll proceed to adjust the throttle and hood up the laptop pc. Its kind of overwhelming when you never did this before. thanks again.