Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SE EFI Super Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 02:14 AM
Buch
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SE EFI Super Tuner

Purchased a dvd video which shows how to use the pro super tuner. Coming with some info & questions on that. Doc, am in swedenand do not have anyHD dealer with a dyno in their workshop yet but other japanesebike dealer havea dyno. So am not sure to take my fat bob there for a dyno jet tune. All HD dealers recommend SERT and have installed it for many i meet or ride with in the weekends. IF i purchase twinscan/WEGO + my supertuner, will ithelpme to get an optimal or better stage1 for my fatbob?[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 05-20-2008, 05:43 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

ORIGINAL: Buch

Purchased a dvd video which shows how to use the pro super tuner. Coming with some info & questions on that. Doc, am in swedenand do not have anyHD dealer with a dyno in their workshop yet but other japanesebike dealer havea dyno. So am not sure to take my fat bob there for a dyno jet tune. All HD dealers recommend SERT and have installed it for many i meet or ride with in the weekends. IF i purchase twinscan/WEGO + my supertuner, will ithelpme to get an optimal or better stage1 for my fatbob?[sm=biker2.gif]
I've never used the TwinScan/Wego system my self but everyone I ever knew that did seemed to like it very much.

Old 05-20-2008, 10:32 PM
cole1960
Stage II

Well Doc,

I apreciate all that you and everyone said here and in all the posts... and yep...that was my first post here in HDForums. i just found it on the web while looking for some info on the SEST for the 07 XL 1200s and read a bunch of posts before i did mine. Alot of whats being said here is a little over my head as I am not a mechanic, just an old motor head that likes to go fast. I know how an engine works, the more air you take in the more fule you need and the ballance needs to be right,,, thats whatIknow...lol I used to be able to tue a Chevy 350 by ear and make it run like a banshee. that was a longgg time ago,,, but the base knowledge of the old days is my limit. So I have to say I am learning ALOT in here reading all this. Thanks again. I will, as others, print out thoes questions and use them.

I just had my little nightster scoot trailered over from Jacksonville FL tome here in Dallas, and all my parts are in and back from the powder coater, etc..unfortunatelyI now have to head to Austin and be there workingtill the end of the month before i come back here to Dallas. I will wait to do the tune until I get back here to Dallas, unless you know someone in Austin that is a real shining star??? If not, how about Dallas?Is there someone you know here thatI should take it too?

I am gonna put all my parts on this weekend and ride it for a bit,, going easy on it of course till it is tuned. just incase anyone is wondering , Heres what is going to be done or should i say has been to the little s$%t so far,,, from factory stock that is, then if you have a suggestion as to the optimum next step, please let me know. I will post a photo when I am done , as every one know what a stock vivid black nightster looks like. But here is what it looks like at the moment. So let see what she looks like when done, on the outside anyway...lol

Changed the seat out before i left thestore to a sidekick looks grat and softend the contour of the center of the bike
Forward controlsWillie G skull colection all ove but just the small stuff like pegs, timingcover, derby, axel caps and swing arem ends, brake linkage,gas cap medallion and caliper insertsdont want a lot of crome just enough to set it off
Rhinehart exhaust, Changing them to the V&H short shot staggered Blacks this week,,, too much chrome.
4" risers, black powder coat
26" drag bars black with HD nostalgic grips and raider dimond shaped mirrors, might go to the Ness mini oval blacks bottom mounted
SE Heavy breather powder coat black
smoked lenses on all the blinks and tails
SE Super Tuner

Thought of black fat spokes and having the lower cases wrinkle coated black,,,, maybe to much black...might leave a little chrome and gray.

[IMG]local://upfiles/61759/39E549DA27914682BE21A5E66FAC6431.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-21-2008, 06:53 AM
Doc 1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 20 Posts

ORIGINAL: cole1960

Well Doc,

I apreciate all that you and everyone said here and in all the posts... and yep...that was my first post here in HDForums. i just found it on the web while looking for some info on the SEST for the 07 XL 1200s and read a bunch of posts before i did mine. Alot of whats being said here is a little over my head as I am not a mechanic, just an old motor head that likes to go fast. I know how an engine works, the more air you take in the more fule you need and the ballance needs to be right,,, thats whatIknow...lol I used to be able to tue a Chevy 350 by ear and make it run like a banshee. that was a longgg time ago,,, but the base knowledge of the old days is my limit. So I have to say I am learning ALOT in here reading all this. Thanks again. I will, as others, print out thoes questions and use them.

I just had my little nightster scoot trailered over from Jacksonville FL tome here in Dallas, and all my parts are in and back from the powder coater, etc..unfortunatelyI now have to head to Austin and be there workingtill the end of the month before i come back here to Dallas. I will wait to do the tune until I get back here to Dallas, unless you know someone in Austin that is a real shining star??? If not, how about Dallas?Is there someone you know here thatI should take it too?

I am gonna put all my parts on this weekend and ride it for a bit,, going easy on it of course till it is tuned. just incase anyone is wondering , Heres what is going to be done or should i say has been to the little s$%t so far,,, from factory stock that is, then if you have a suggestion as to the optimum next step, please let me know. I will post a photo when I am done , as every one know what a stock vivid black nightster looks like. But here is what it looks like at the moment. So let see what she looks like when done, on the outside anyway...lol

Changed the seat out before i left thestore to a sidekick looks grat and softend the contour of the center of the bike
Forward controlsWillie G skull colection all ove but just the small stuff like pegs, timingcover, derby, axel caps and swing arem ends, brake linkage,gas cap medallion and caliper insertsdont want a lot of crome just enough to set it off
Rhinehart exhaust, Changing them to the V&H short shot staggered Blacks this week,,, too much chrome.
4" risers, black powder coat
26" drag bars black with HD nostalgic grips and raider dimond shaped mirrors, might go to the Ness mini oval blacks bottom mounted
SE Heavy breather powder coat black
smoked lenses on all the blinks and tails
SE Super Tuner

Thought of black fat spokes and having the lower cases wrinkle coated black,,,, maybe to much black...might leave a little chrome and gray.

[IMG]local://upfiles/61759/39E549DA27914682BE21A5E66FAC6431.jpg[/IMG]
Sorry I don't know anyone in the great state of Texas to send you to.....Hopefully PhilM will chime in here to give yo usome guidence, I understand he knows of a couple good tuners in your area. You can give PhilM a PM to speed up your search....again sorry I couldn't help.
Good luck on the build and ride safe

Old 05-21-2008, 03:03 PM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cole1960 you can learn how to tune these things. Fuel injection and Carboratorsaccomplish the same thing, deliver fuel to the engine. The process is almost the same just differend names for some things. If you know the process you can interperate whats going on.

Load your SERT Program onto your computer and open the instruction manual and study it awhile. Looks to me what you got can be satisified with a caned map. SERT has them all ready. Look thru them and pick one. Follow instructions, it'll be alright.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:01 PM
2010IRON883
Tourer

So whats the best the 900 pcV with auto tune i got a super tuner for 250 for my sporty and hope it does well!

Old 06-15-2013, 08:11 AM
truckinjoe1
Stage I
Default SE pro tuner

Are you guys ready for another stupid question?
Plugged in tuner made a few minor changes to the decel area. When I completed the proccess (correctly) unplugged, started bike the check engine light came on? WTF? Ran through the diagnostics code P1665 came up. Bike runs fine. just curious why i have and can't get the engine light to go out.