Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Bike getting power but won't start

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 03:00 PM
semper
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike getting power but won't start

6 weeks ago I noticed my oil pressure gauge acting stranger than normal on my '05 EGC, pegging off the zero then slamming back to the normal range. Did a 300 mile ride that day and checked the oil level at every stop. Next day took the bike into a local shop (not a Harley shop) who was suppose to have a good Harley mechanic. Like I said ..that was over 5 weeks ago. Long story short it took them three weeks to replace a cam assembly/oil pump. What they didn't tell me was they couldn't get my bike to start after they were done with their fix. For the last two weeks they have been scratching their ....heads trying to figure out why it won't start. Here is what I understand from them so far. When the ignition is turned on there is power being sent out from the module throughout the bike, but they say that the coil and fuel injector are not being triggered. They both receive power, but not receiving a trigger signal???? They swapped modules with another bike at the same shop..and they said my module would start the other bike, but the borrowed module from the other bike wouldn't start mine. I rode my bike into this shop, and have never had any kind of an electrical/starting problem until they got ahold of it. This has cost me a whole summer of riding. I can't get my bike into a Harley shop for 2 weeks....Getting desperate..anybody have any ideas.....
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------