Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 06:18 AM
streetdjack
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cts1950
Steve
Please do not remove the data that is confusing us but a update that explains how to use the data and when not would be much appreciated.
I agree with that

Old 01-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,423 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Some of the things cannot be used without other equipment being attached to the bike so in those cases it might just be best if it were not there. Other items are only valid if you look to see what else is going on in the data at the same time and that brings in another issue and that is when was the data read. Since the J1850 buss is slow some data is read and held until it gets sent out. So it really comes down to having some knowledge of what it should look like and if it's out of line you just have to understand the system limits and toss the data out by yourself. We will review things and figure out what we feel is best and make updates as we figure it all out. I can assure you nothing that will help you in the tuning of your bikes will get dropped.

Old 01-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Photo
Outstanding HDF Member

Steve, forgive me in advance if this is an inappropriate place to post this but I'm at my wits end.

Each time I think I've figured things out with regard to tuners something pops up (apparently) completely contradict what I thought I understood.

Ive an 08 Sporster and would almost certainly only be looking at changing the exhaust (probably Hooker Troublemakers) and Air Cleaner (probably Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather).

Originally I had believed I needed to also install a tuner such as the Power Commander etc in order to hold the remap provided by the dealer.

However, I recently read this wasnt necessary and the remap could be done without one of these units.

Now I seem to be reading that either I cant or shouldnt do these changes without a tuner.

I'm rapidly tearing the few hairs I have left from my follicly challenged scalp. Please take pity on a rapidly balding confused rider. I stress to add, I've no technical knowledge (probably very apparent). Is it possible to provide, or point me in the direction of an clearly written idiots guide to this topic.

Your own product appears to be a software solution. I dont have the confidence and knowledge to tinker with the bikes settings to any great degree, I just want it to rune well, would your product be useful to a luddite such as myself?

Can you export TTS Mastertune to England or would that be unwise given that Harley Dealers over here wont have had any training with the unit?

Again forgive me if this isnt the corect place to post this question. If you prefer to remove it or reply by PM thats fine, but I do think a sticky giving a laymans explanaton on this subject would be helpful to others besides myself.

Good luck with your product btw.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

Well let's start with you bike question first. If you change Pipes and Air Cleaner you will need to remap your bike. You can do one or the other for add-ons and not need to remap but, since your doing both you will need a remap.

Now if you have a laptop and can ride the bike you can do it yourself with our product. It will take a little time but you can do it just as hundreds of others have that know nothing about tuning there bike. With that said you can get 95% of the tune-up done by yourself. The final 5% you could do but it's harder and can be done better on a dyno. So if your looking for a well running bike you can do it yourself. If your looking for a well running bike with max power output a dyno will make it much easier.

Our product just remaps the factory ECM so there is no extra hardware on the bike and it can be shipped oversea's. You can also make a copy of the calibration that is in your bike before you start to change anything. This allows you to put that calibration back into the bike at anytime.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:52 AM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve,
Any news on the upgrade path yet?

Old 01-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

The upgrades we are working on now will make it so the SERT upgrade for the 2005 and new bikes will be released around the end of the month. The pre 2005 bikes will be sometime later as I do not have the information on those yet.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:56 PM
HERKO
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
The upgrades we are working on now will make it so the SERT upgrade for the 2005 and new bikes will be released around the end of the month. The pre 2005 bikes will be sometime later as I do not have the information on those yet.
To clarify what's coming at the end of the month:
~Upgrade of the old SERT Interface Modules (dongles) to work as a TTST tuner for open loop for 2005 & 2006 as well as 2007 & up in closed loop?
~Or an upgrade kit to convert 2005 & 2006's ('06 FXD's already are) to operate in closed loop?

Old 01-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

What's coming is an update for all models that we support with a new feature and the calibrations for 2005 and 2006 that were not there before. Calibrations to work with 2005 and 2006 Big Twin to convert to closed loop operation and V-rod calibrations.

Then the release of the update process for old SERT owners to convert to Mastertune for 2005 and newer bikes.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:32 AM
CDN. RG
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when installing the tts program do you have to have the laptop hooked to the interface box and the motorcycle,I ask because I have just started to mess with it and I tryed putting the cd that comes with the kit in my laptop and nothing seems to happen,my bike is tore apart right now and was just wanting to read the instructions and try to find a starter map for my bike to use when it is back together.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

Nothing needs to be hooked up. Just install the CD in the laptop and it should auto launch the install program. If that's not working go to your start button and then to "Run" then Browse to your CD drive and use the autorun.exe program. Make sure all other programs are closed before starting and that you have administrator rights on your PC.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information