Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,425 Likes on 1,573 Posts

The CLB table can be changed to whatever someone prefers but the numbers we have in there are set to get the best power and mileage we could. Yes, it may make a little more heat but there is always a trade that is being made. I tend to look at the engine build as to where they are set, so for a stock style build I will run them more to the leaner side while a bigger build engine I will run more towards the richer side. If you have the time you can change them and redo the V-tune part and see how you like it but I would not go any further than 14.2 AFR.

Power at WOT which is what most people talk about is a different story. This is not done in Closed loop control. You can lean the bike down to the 13.2 range but that will tend to make too much cylinder heat if you ride it hard for too long there. This is where the PE table comes into play as it will richen the mixture as you stay at full power for a long time. If you do not do that you run the risk of damage to the engine from too much cylinder heat. We tend to set things to the safe side, knowing full well that more power could be made but it's up to the tuner to do the safety checks that go along with leaning it down at full power settings. Just running it on the dyno and getting AFR numbers isn't good enough.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:43 AM
vgreno2000
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello men!!!!

I have two questions:

1- I have the TTS dual bike, when we'll have the XL883 map?, I'm waiting for it!!!!

2- Yesterday I`ve made the Data Master grabs with my FatBoy 07, and everything went OK, but I found something strange in the V-Tune tables I've print.
The fact is that I've pushed the bike till the maximun RPM (I've set it to 6750rpm) but in the tables I found just numbers till 5000 rpm.
That means the rpm extend system does not work? or it just don't work when you're tunning?

Thanks!!!!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:30 AM
Photo
Outstanding HDF Member

Steve, many thanks for your quick and concise reply to my questions. They were greatly appreciated.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:38 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

Originally Posted by vgreno2000
Hello men!!!!

I have two questions:

1- I have the TTS dual bike, when we'll have the XL883 map?, I'm waiting for it!!!!

2- Yesterday I`ve made the Data Master grabs with my FatBoy 07, and everything went OK, but I found something strange in the V-Tune tables I've print.
The fact is that I've pushed the bike till the maximun RPM (I've set it to 6750rpm) but in the tables I found just numbers till 5000 rpm.
That means the rpm extend system does not work? or it just don't work when you're tunning?

Thanks!!!!
The 883 calibration is being worked on still. The system determines when the data is valid and not valid. As RPM goes higher the time between engine fireing cycles, processor speed and data bus speed make valid data harder and harder to get. Different setups get different results but in general they will stop between 5000 and 6000 RPM.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:04 PM
vgreno2000
Intermediate

Thanks Steve!!!!

I have to say that mi Fatty is running better than ever, the difference with PClll is huge.

I'll be waiting for the 883 map!!!

Old 01-16-2009, 03:12 PM
streetdjack
Advanced
Default PE table

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
This is where the PE table comes into play as it will richen the mixture as you stay at full power for a long time.
So that's why the PE table are set according time ...
Can you tell us a little more about PE tables ?

As I understand it now, they are active when the engine is at WOT for a certain time and they give the targeted AFR value during this time, despite the value given by the AFR table...
right ?
Is it only active at WOT ?

what's the main difference between Accel enrichment and Power enrichment ?

Old 01-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

Accel Enrichment would be the same as a accelerator pump on a carburetor. It to gives you a shot of fuel when you crack open the throttle so the motor doesn't stumble when opening the throttle. Power Enrichment (PE) is for high power conditions and allows for the mixture to be changed under this condition.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:25 AM
streetdjack
Advanced

OK Steve, thanks for your answer

So if the engine hesitate when opening throttle hardly, we should increase the AE value in the range of temp it happens ...

PE values override the AFR table values when at WOT ?

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-question-pe.jpg  
Old 01-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

If you look in the DataMaster "Help" file it will show you how to see what mode in the log the engine is in PE, AE, DE and so on. Once the ECM sets what mode it is in would be which fuel/timing tables are being used. In general your only going to be in PE at WOT.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Harley530
3rd Gear
Default TTS for 2004 FLH with O2 sensors

I had hopes of keeping this bike for a few years still. I'm putting together a 95 Big Bore flat tops with the Air Cleaner SE Kit and Andrews 21 cams with slightly relieved stock mufflers.

I am aware that the O2 sensors I've added with gages won't do the TTS any good because it gets it's info from the ECU. What TTS features are enabled (or disbled) with this "old" bike and are there good starter maps for it?

I've spent about 50 hours trying to find info about this and the two threads on this forum seem to be the place I wanna be for straight info. The web site for the TTS doesn't have much specific info for pre-purchase atleast. Is all one can do is lay out your money and hope for the best. Been burned by that too many times.

Thank you,
Dave

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information