Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 07:43 PM
yso191
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul,

I have the SE breather, but am using a higher-flow filter. No problems here. I can't imagine that there would be an issue with your setup. Are you changing the exhaust also?

Steve

Old 02-02-2009, 07:55 PM
pg
Advanced

I may do exhaust before summer. The reason for the heavy breather is for leg room. My legs are too short and my right knee is screwed up. Don't bend well round the football.

paul

Old 02-02-2009, 08:34 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,414 Likes on 1,566 Posts

The Air Cleaner replacement of any type should not present any issues for V-tune at all. So far everything has gone well but if there was to be a problem I would expect it to come from an open exhaust, big camshaft, big duration and low compression causing issues at low speed. Then again anyone who builds something like that should be shot to begin with.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:09 PM
BWILD
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
The Air Cleaner replacement of any type should not present any issues for V-tune at all. So far everything has gone well but if there was to be a problem I would expect it to come from an open exhaust, big camshaft, big duration and low compression causing issues at low speed. Then again anyone who builds something like that should be shot to begin with.
Well Steve you are right. I work for a shop that is a TTS dealer in East TN. I recommend and tune the TTS for this shop. I like your statement about long duration low Compression. Watch out for a build I'm doing with one of the premiere performance builders using your TTS MasterTune. More to be posted later.

Last edited by BWILD; 02-03-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:11 PM
yso191
Club Member

Paul,

The reason I asked about the exhaust is that it is my understanding that you will not need to do anything with the EFI if you only change one: A/C or exhaust. The reason is that if you only change one, the other will limit the airflow through your motor. It is when you change both that you really need to remap the EFI.

Steve

Old 02-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

The things that will drive the O2 sensors to fits is reversions in the exhaust stream. The sensors are not smart and they only measure what is there so if you get a lot of reversion it will see a burst of burned mixture and a burst of fresh air being sucked back up the pipe. It doesn't know any better so it reads it all. Mufflers help keep the reversions from sucking fresh air back up the pipe.

Long duration camshafts with big lift can do the same by letting unburned fuel mixture enter the exhaust during overlap time. The sensor see's the rich mixture and reports it to the ECM but it's not real because of the overlap and low engine speeds.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:32 PM
pg
Advanced

If I do anything more it will be with the exhaust only. It will be slip-ons, either Fullsac recores or jackpots.
Anyone had any luck with these on a 2009 streetglide, no other mods cept AC?
pg

Last edited by pg; 02-03-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Mungo
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
The things that will drive the O2 sensors to fits is reversions in the exhaust stream. The sensors are not smart and they only measure what is there so if you get a lot of reversion it will see a burst of burned mixture and a burst of fresh air being sucked back up the pipe. It doesn't know any better so it reads it all. Mufflers help keep the reversions from sucking fresh air back up the pipe.
Very interesting and understandable. Anyone know if V&H Big Radius exhaust may allow this?

The reason I ask, I just tuned up my '09 Streetglide this past weekend and I didn't see a drastic change with the Big Radius as I had expected. Actually only a very nominal change.

I'll admit, I didn't go with the Big Radius for performance reasons. I really appreciate the departure from the normal bagger exhaust. But I am looking for reasons as to why I didn't see a huge change in the map with the tune.

Old 02-05-2009, 11:50 AM
yso191
Club Member

Use your TTS software updater... New update out today.

Steve

Old 02-05-2009, 02:55 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

The new updates will be coming out over the next few days. All the programs will be updated and all new calibrations will be coming out. Everything will not be done all at once so it will be done a little at a time over the next week, till everything is done. This update allows us to handle some new features and the parts needed to do the 2005 - 2006 Closed Loop conversions. As soon as this is completed we will be completing the SERT update program so it's next. The new calibrations will be for all the closed loop Big Twin bikes, the V-rod and Sportster Calibrations.

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information