Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Old 10-20-2013, 06:37 PM
hosh
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

By zeroing out the Adaptive knock retard Mr Wizard, do you mean setting all fields to zero?

Is this something new? I didn't read this in the VTune setup instructions.

Thanks

Old 10-20-2013, 07:31 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

Originally Posted by hosh
By zeroing out the Adaptive knock retard Mr Wizard, do you mean setting all fields to zero?

Is this something new? I didn't read this in the VTune setup instructions.

Thanks
Yes, that is what I mean.

Some people will work with timing at the same time they work with VE. This is incorrect but learned spark events can obscure VE values so it is best to leave them set to zero. This will not turn off knock retard protection, it just doesn't remember where the knock retard events were.

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-knock-retard-table-to-zero-2.jpg  
Old 10-20-2013, 07:33 PM
BearShit
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Those are extremely small files. 30,000 + is more like it.

I would definitely recheck to see if you have a VTune file in your bike. There will be no data in open loop.

OK proper file in Bike today...Noticed FR only likes around 750/760kb of data..bout 3/4 of an hour running steady..did 2 Runs 4 files each And no EGR analysis tells me needs TPS MAP n Engine RPM to plot graph, Playback in Datamaster2 has all that in the Vtune Runs though ?? Now it did want Datamaster when i upgraded with FR i use datamaster 2..open to suggestions if someone has time ..Nice to run without laptop battery worry thats for sure

Old 10-20-2013, 07:49 PM
hosh
Advanced

Yes, that is what I mean.

Some people will work with timing at the same time they work with VE. This is incorrect but learned spark events can obscure VE values so it is best to leave them set to zero. This will not turn off knock retard protection, it just doesn't remember where the knock retard events were.
I see. I haven't strayed into any advanced settings as yet. I gather after I have completed a vtune run and generated a new tune I would reset Adaptive Knock Retard tables to Original on the new calibration?

Thanks

Last edited by hosh; 10-20-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:14 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by hosh
I see. I haven't strayed into any advanced settings as yet. I gather after I have completed a vtune run and generated a new tune I would reset Adaptive Knock Retard tables to Original on the new calibration?

Thanks
When you are done VTuning and are satisfied then reset all values you changed for the VTune calibration back to original.

Adaptive Knock Retard
AFR or Lambda
PE Mode

Old 10-20-2013, 08:15 PM
bakes68
5th Gear

Bearshit im having the same problem with egr analysis, tried on a older version of software and worked fine, may be in the upgraded software.

Old 10-20-2013, 08:19 PM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator

Originally Posted by BearShit
OK proper file in Bike today...Noticed FR only likes around 750/760kb of data..bout 3/4 of an hour running steady..did 2 Runs 4 files each And no EGR analysis tells me needs TPS MAP n Engine RPM to plot graph, Playback in Datamaster2 has all that in the Vtune Runs though ?? Now it did want Datamaster when i upgraded with FR i use datamaster 2..open to suggestions if someone has time ..Nice to run without laptop battery worry thats for sure
Those files are too small, way too small. Something isn't right. I had J1850 data up in the 30,000 plus within the dongle. After importing the dongle files into the computer they were much, much smaller. So, are you talking about dongle files or imported data files?

I found the EGR error today and sent a note to TTS to review the software code settings. This has to be a software bug.

Attached Thumbnails TTS Mastertune Information-erg.no-data-vtune-file.jpg  
Old 10-20-2013, 08:27 PM
bakes68
5th Gear

Those files are too small, way too small. Something isn't right. I had J1850 data up in the 30,000 plus within the dongle. After importing the dongle files into the computer they were much, much smaller. So, are you talking about dongle files or imported data files?

I found the EGR error today and sent a note to TTS to review the software code settings. This has to be a software bug.

Glad it wasn't just me

Old 10-20-2013, 10:30 PM
hosh
Advanced

When you are done VTuning and are satisfied then reset all values you changed for the VTune calibration back to original.

Adaptive Knock Retard
AFR or Lambda
PE Mode
Too easy thanks Mr Wizard

Old 10-21-2013, 07:43 AM
BearShit
Intermediate

Originally Posted by bakes68
Bearshit im having the same problem with egr analysis, tried on a older version of software and worked fine, may be in the upgraded software.

Good to hear i aint alone, gotta love how Wiz gets right on that

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information