Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 11:18 AM
DaleMc0622
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Well, I dropped the bike back off at the dealer and the mechanic says he has been speaking with Steve at TTS. I am afraid my nightmare might continue though. The mechanic says to me this morning that since the last time the bike was there, they discovered the motor has a Woods 777 cam. He says he has never figured a cam in the tune because he wasn't aware but he doesn't think that could be causing the problems. Fingers crossed Steve can figure it out.
If he has it set up with a stock cam and it in fact has the 777, could that cause backfire through the intake occasionally on startup and also on low starts from stop? seems like low end torque is really crappy?

Old 03-21-2018, 12:42 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by DaleMc0622
Well, I dropped the bike back off at the dealer and the mechanic says he has been speaking with Steve at TTS. I am afraid my nightmare might continue though. The mechanic says to me this morning that since the last time the bike was there, they discovered the motor has a Woods 777 cam. He says he has never figured a cam in the tune because he wasn't aware but he doesn't think that could be causing the problems. Fingers crossed Steve can figure it out.
If he has it set up with a stock cam and it in fact has the 777, could that cause backfire through the intake occasionally on startup and also on low starts from stop? seems like low end torque is really crappy?
It’s all in the tune. Take it to a qualified, experienced tuner and all your troubles will go away!
Bob

Old 03-21-2018, 07:06 PM
DaleMc0622
Tourer

Originally Posted by FLTRI17

It’s all in the tune. Take it to a qualified, experienced tuner and all your troubles will go away!
Bob
Not even sure what to say to this, Thanks Bob? Is this a TV commercial and I should say, Thanks Capt. Obvious? I have posted a couple questions concerning the tune and my frustrations, I have posted a question as to whether anyone knows of someone between Sav Ga. and Charleston SC. that is good with the TTS, nothing. I am dealing with the dealership that did the tune and claims to be working with "Steve" at TTS, I have sent Steve Cole a couple PM's.
Maybe what I should have said is, could tuning the bike as if it has a stock cam when it actually has a Woods 777 cause the issues I have listed or what issues could it cause? so I could know what I was talking about with the dealer, My Bad.

Sorry, I am frustrated at this point and may have to take the bike 4 hours away because the tuner finder map doesn't have one closer to me and the three Motorcycle mechanics within 50 miles of me, one sold his Dyno, one doesn't deal with tuners and the other, well, they can't spell tune or Dyno.
So, thanks Bob, I am still working on educating myself and hoping "Steve" at TTS is a real guy and he actually helps them get the bike right.

Old 03-21-2018, 08:43 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,260 Likes on 929 Posts

Originally Posted by DaleMc0622
...snip...
So, thanks Bob, I am still working on educating myself and hoping "Steve" at TTS is a real guy and he actually helps them get the bike right.

Yes Steve Cole is real - look at the post just prior to your original
question. He visits this forum every once in awhile....

T.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:12 PM
DaleMc0622
Tourer

Thanks, I have been hoping that Steve Cole is the same Steve the dealership says they are talking to. They told me that Steve was going to connect to their dyno and help them with the tune, if that is the case, I am very confident in the result.I have read most of the 686 posts here and he and a couple others are very knowledgeable. I did send Steve Cole a message telling him what the dealer said, just in case he is the same guy.

Old 03-22-2018, 02:14 PM
DaleMc0622
Tourer

Just talked to the Service Manager, he says that Steve was able to teach the mechanic "A LOT" about the TTS and that the bike seems to be spot on. The service manager is going to take the bike out himself and see what he thinks, I can't pick it up until Saturday because of that pesky thing called work. I will post again. THANK YOU STEVE.

Old 03-31-2018, 07:00 PM
DaleMc0622
Tourer

Well, the frustration continues. 67 degrees out today driving in downtown Charleston and the bike overheated, no real long delays. Bike also still has decell pop and pops through the intake when you first start it and try to pull off. Started the bike and let it run two minutes, went to pull off, pop through intake, MPG also dropped from 38 to 35. Dealer tried 3 times and claim they worked with Steve last time, time to look for another place to have it tuned. "FRUSTRATING"

Old 04-02-2018, 12:42 AM
Big trucker
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Just got my tts on my new bike and I’ve been doing my v-tune runs after I set my cam calibration. Which table should I be looking at to see changes. Front and rear cylinder map? So I run it over and over until the 5% box up top drops down to 3-4%? Then I save it, set my calibrations back to original (rpm, retard knock etc) then download it onto the bike?

Old 05-16-2018, 08:02 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,663 Likes on 936 Posts

Hello all, I'm so glad I found this thread. I read the last couple years' worth and just downloaded TTSfD.

I bought a '14 Dyna a couple weeks ago, it has V&H pipes and a hi flow intake. It pops a lot and the spark plugs are too clean. Great, this would be the 2nd bike I bought that wasn't tuned. So I bought a PowerVision, but that wouldn't work because the ECM was locked. Long story short, the original owner tuned it with a TTS. My dealer was able to contact him and get the tuner. Tonight I was able to connect and check things out for the first time.

First - the cal file used to program the bike is for a stock cam and A/C only, but no mod to exhaust. Whaaaat?? I confirmed with TTS that the cal file I should be starting with is a different one which includes pipes. So right off the bat, I'm hoping this accounts for the popping.

I made a backup of the tune in the ECM, and I think I was also able to grab the original factory tune and save it to my PC. Unfortuantely, it seems there's no way to open an MTE file and look at it. True? I wanted to compare some things.

Also unfortunately, the rain isn't letting up for 4-5 days, so I won't be able to ride anytime soon. I so want to know if it's better now. Well, I have a lot of reading and I'm sure I'll be back with questions.

Last edited by Bluesrider.df; 05-16-2018 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:10 PM
OZARKTOAD
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard
Download the TTS for Dummies from my signature and most of your questions will be answered.

It is VTune 2 not VTune 3 but VT3 is so easy it's self explanatory.
hello mr wizard do you have a link for your tts tutorial? I can’t seem to locate it in the signature. Thanks

Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information