Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

TTS Mastertune Information

Old 04-14-2019, 04:55 PM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
There are lots of various cams out there today and we have not had each and every possible combination of engine and cam to make base calibrations for. That said if you can give me a little information on your build I might be able, to help you with a starting calibration. Zippers is more popular on the east coast and less so on the west coast, so we do not see very many of them at all. List out you engine build and exhaust to start with.
Thank you for your response. It's just a stock 96ci with a thunderheader, screaming eagle heavy breather, and soon to be the 527 cams. I'm done after the cams. No more mods

Old 04-14-2019, 05:41 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,411 Likes on 1,566 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostedboxer04
Thank you for your response. It's just a stock 96ci with a thunderheader, screaming eagle heavy breather, and soon to be the 527 cams. I'm done after the cams. No more mods
Here are Quotes from the Zippers web site

"Red Shift® 527 Cams are the perfect grind for your larger 103” or 110” Harley-Davidson® engine."
"Red Shift® 527 Cams provide immediate throttle response and acceleration just above 2,200 rpms"

Since your a 96 cu in those points for power are going to move further up the RPM scale, since they are talking about 103 or 110. Is this what your looking for, from your bike? If so I would start with a CYA176-04 calibration for it. While that is for a slightly different setup it would be a close starting point to work from. IMHO those cams are going to be a little big for a stock 96 cu in engine. If you like to keep the RPM's up all the time then you will be fine.

Old 04-22-2019, 03:04 PM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain

I made a mistake with the cams. They are actually the 525's. Sorry about the confusion. So when all said and done, the mods on the bike will be, thunderheader, screaming eagle heavy breather, and red shift 525 cams.

Old 04-25-2019, 08:08 PM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain

Anyone?

Old 04-26-2019, 09:48 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

I have a little dilemma that I'm hoping you TTS gurus could help me out with. I'm installing Red Shift 527 cams in my 2007 FXDB in the next week or so. I called TTS to see if they'd have a base map recommendation for me to use until I get on the Dyno. Probably the week after. They jerk on the phone was very rude and completely useless. He said that he was not familiar with those kind of cams and couldn't help me. Completely in shock I said ok and hung up. Red Shift has been around for a long time and are pretty popular. I couldn't believe the ignorance from the *** on the phone. I'm hoping someone on here could help me out. Thanks in advance guys
So you post this, which is untrue, then you post this after I responded to you a week before.

I made a mistake with the cams. They are actually the 525's. Sorry about the confusion. So when all said and done, the mods on the bike will be, thunderheader, screaming eagle heavy breather, and red shift 525 cams.
So your big hurry turns into not much of a hurry at all, and you did not even have your build correct! Now you want more help from the person that you hung up on and called a ignorant ***. You should choose your words a little better in the future when your asking for help. CAA176-04

The following 2 users liked this post by Steve Cole:
2-Piece (04-28-2019), jbarr1 (04-26-2019)
Old 04-26-2019, 10:18 AM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain
Cool

So you post this, which is untrue, then you post this after I responded to you a week before.

So your big hurry turns into not much of a hurry at all, and you did not even have your build correct! Now you want more help from the person that you hung up on and called a ignorant ***. You should choose your words a little better in the future when your asking for help. CAA176-04
Listen pal. Regardless of what size cams they were, the person on the phone, who works for a MAJOR tuner company, said that they weren't family with Red Shift and could't help me. That's it. Flat out. Never offered to point me towards someone who COULD help me. Or offered to look them up and give me a call back. After spending A LOT of money on the tuner, I'd expect better customer support than that. No excuse to treat customers with the mentality of "I don't know. So I can't help you" kind of attitude. Then I get this kind of response from you? I hope you don't work for them. If you do, you just proved my point on TTS being some of the shittiest customer service I have ever seen. I won't ever recommend them to anyone I know. I'm almost tempted to sell it and call up FuelMoto. Lastly, I didn't hang up on anyone. I actually said "oh ok. Thanks" and hung up. If that WAS you, you're not only terrible at your job, you're a good damn liar.

Last edited by Boostedboxer04; 04-26-2019 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:37 AM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 278 Likes on 197 Posts

All the info you need is in the supplied very detailed tuning manual. You should read it in its entirety before posting derogatory comments to the one person that benefits all with his knowledge of the product that HE developed.

Old 04-27-2019, 11:55 AM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru

Listen pal. Regardless of what size cams they were, the person on the phone, who works for a MAJOR tuner company, said that they weren't family with Red Shift and could't help me. That's it. Flat out. Never offered to point me towards someone who COULD help me. Or offered to look them up and give me a call back. After spending A LOT of money on the tuner, I'd expect better customer support than that. No excuse to treat customers with the mentality of "I don't know. So I can't help you" kind of attitude. Then I get this kind of response from you? I hope you don't work for them. If you do, you just proved my point on TTS being some of the shittiest customer service I have ever seen. I won't ever recommend them to anyone I know. I'm almost tempted to sell it and call up FuelMoto. Lastly, I didn't hang up on anyone. I actually said "oh ok. Thanks" and hung up. If that WAS you, you're not only terrible at your job, you're a good damn liar.
I am the person that you spoke to and yes, you hung up on me when you did not get the answer you wanted. I tried to be truthful with you and you did not like it. I was not familiar with the cam that you had chosen and told you so. I know very well who Zippers is and as a matter of fact the owner Danny and I are friends. Even after the way you acted on the phone I still tried to help you here. That's just the way it is and you can do what you want, but do not expect any future help as I've done as much as I'm going to at this point.

Old 04-27-2019, 04:52 PM
Boostedboxer04
Road Captain

I am the person that you spoke to and yes, you hung up on me when you did not get the answer you wanted. I tried to be truthful with you and you did not like it. I was not familiar with the cam that you had chosen and told you so. I know very well who Zippers is and as a matter of fact the owner Danny and I are friends. Even after the way you acted on the phone I still tried to help you here. That's just the way it is and you can do what you want, but do not expect any future help as I've done as much as I'm going to at this point.
You're a god damn liar. My exact words to you before I hung up was "oh. Ok thanks"! I don't just hang up on people and treat them like **** because I'm not a little bitch 15 year old girl. Just like how you are acting now. As far as help goes. I would NEVER ask for it from someone like you again. You can run your mouth on here and act like the good guy all you want. You and I both know the truth. I'm done wasting my time on a little punk like you. I'll be sure to let everyone in the industry know how much of a scumbag you and your company is.

Old 04-27-2019, 05:16 PM
Bluesrider.df
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,661 Likes on 934 Posts

BTW - Don't get rid of your Mastertune device before you restore the factory tune to your bike, or you won't be able to reprogram your bike with another tuner. No one else can use the tuner, it's married to your bike, so I don't think you'll be able to sell it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TTS Mastertune Information