Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

1990 Dyna Sturgis Turn Signal Problems.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 01:11 AM
FyrFytrRyn
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Dyna Sturgis Turn Signal Problems.

i replaced my monster huge chrome stock signals with those small sportbike one you see on sportbikes with licence plate bracket eliminator kits. my old front/rear bulbs were 12V 27W, new ones are 12V 24W, installed the front, tested, worked great, i then installed the rear and thats when all hell broke loose. when i hit left or right signal, they glow constant (no flash) but if i initiate emergency flashers they all 4 work and blink fine. weird right? wait, it gets better. (with the bike off) i turned on the high beam, and hit the brakes THEN hit the signal and magically the signals work. leads me to believe that the 3W difference per bulb is toying with the flasher module or something (not enough resistence) so what i did to test it was place 2 small bulbs INLINE with the rear signals, so that i have 3 bulbs per side when i signal, and they worked fine, for a few minutes... i got on the 10 fwy, and saw it was glowing constant... rode all the way to yucaipa to san marcos with faulty blinkers.... on the way home they worked perfect, even self cancelled! all connections are perfectly soldered, and shrink wrapped and going to the correct places. nothing pinched. any ideas? should i add a permanet resistor to each sinal side, and what size? thanks in advance, i GREATLY appreciate it.