Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Anyone have the sequence to reset the IAC?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 06:52 PM
Woodyheritage
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have the sequence to reset the IAC?

Anyone have the sequence to reset the IAC? lent my electrical to friend who is out of state right now along with my book. I just need to reset it after replacement.
Thanks,
Woody

Old 07-06-2006, 02:15 PM
Von Erik
Advanced
Default RE: Anyone have the sequence to reset the IAC?

I've been watching this post hoping somebody would know...
I'll be running to Lawton later today to get some parts for my bike, I'll ask somebody up there and let you know what they say, if anything.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Woodyheritage
Cruiser

Thanks, I appreciate it. If I wait long enough my book will be back. I think my friend(and my book) return to Florida on Tuesday.
Woody

Old 07-06-2006, 03:21 PM
Von Erik
Advanced

What book is that? Sounds like something I might need.
And you are talking about a sequence you press with the turn signals to reset the codes, right?

Old 07-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Woodyheritage
Cruiser

No, actually it is the electrical service manual(and you thought you had it all covered when you bought the $50.00++ service manual). I didn't realize either that most of the EFI troubleshooting and alignments are described in it. the book number is 99498-your year of bike for softail.
No, I don't need to reset codes but there is a procedure when you change out the IAC or the TPS to set the beginning and end steps for the IAC as well to set the TPS for base idle. If I can't get the information here I just may set up a how to when I get the bike back without infringing on Harley's copyright.
Woody

Old 07-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Von Erik
Advanced

Well it's already getting too late to make it to the harley dealer in Lawton. The woman that was going to ride up there with me pulled a disappearing act and I wasted half the day waiting around for her to call me back.
I think I'll run over to the local dealer and see if they have that book in stock.
I noticed all through the shop manual, especially in referencr to the stuff I want to know about, it always says "Refer to..."

Old 07-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Von Erik
Advanced

Oh, my ride...
A friend of mine at work has loaned me one of his motorcycles to ride while mines sickly. '01 Honda Valkrye. Holy smokes, that things a monster. In parking lots and tight spaces it's like driving a truck. Great machine on the highway though.
He was going to loan me his old V65 Sabre, but the starter is out on it. Shame. I'd really like to take that old Sabre for a spin...

Old 07-06-2006, 10:31 PM
Von Erik
Advanced

Mmmkay... I've got the '03 Softail Electrical Diagnostic manual. Finding all kinds of cool stuff. Except the stuff that you need. Give me a hint on where it's at, I'll pass it on.

Old 07-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Woodyheritage
Cruiser

I know I saw the sequence in there just not sure about location, it stinks when you don't have it in front of you. I don't use it that often thank God. I guess I could try some of the auto reset sequences and see if I get any decent results. It would s_ck if I couldn't ride comfortable and confident in my ride...... I'm getting the DTs
Woody

Old 07-07-2006, 01:58 PM
Von Erik
Advanced

Ugh. Bit of a hangover...
The only references I'm seeing to resetting codes are with the Scanalizer or 50 start/stop cycles. I'm looking at the section for diagnosing IAC problems. And I've looked at other sections for different parts, same thing. Do you remember if there was a seperate table for resetting codes without the Scanalizer? It's hid pretty good, no references to it in the index.
Yup, I definately see a TVII and their aftermarket kit in my future. I've already got a guy lined up to rewire the rest of the bike for me.

Quick Reply: Anyone have the sequence to reset the IAC?