Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

rev/speed limitation 08 SG

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 10:21 AM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default rev/speed limitation 08 SG

I am installing a stage 1 with PCIII usb. The bike's top speed is around 100mph and then the fuel cuts out to slow the bike. Will the PCIII remedy this or do I need a download from the dealer before or after the stage 1 upgrade?

Old 11-22-2009, 03:42 PM
neonhomer
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PCIII won't modify the rev limiter. You would have to have the Stage I download, or use the Harley tuner or the TTS tuner....

Old 11-23-2009, 09:52 AM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior

Just so I get this straight. I install the exhaust and AC. should I get the download before adding the PCIII or after. I have read other threads and not sure if it matters but if it does I want to know. I have the items in my garage at home. Will be doing the installs when I get there in January so I am lining up my ducks now.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:34 AM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Yes you will have to get the ECM reflashed by the dealer to up the rev limiter or buy the rev extend that dynojet sells.

Old 11-23-2009, 02:30 PM
valleyracinginc
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If its the pc3 usb it has a rev extend to 6200. Plug into your pc "bike runnig" or use the 9v adaptor, hit control/F to pull up that option check it off and send map to pc.

Old 11-23-2009, 02:51 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by neonhomer
PCIII won't modify the rev limiter. You would have to have the Stage I download, or use the Harley tuner or the TTS tuner....
Originally Posted by qtrracer
Yes you will have to get the ECM reflashed by the dealer to up the rev limiter or buy the rev extend that dynojet sells.
This is incorrect. The PC III USB as well as the PC-V allow you to raise your stock rev limiter to 6200 RPM's which is about as high as you want to safely rev these motors. This is very simple to do. Open your PC III software and connect to the unit, either turn on the igntion switch or start the bike and hit the control & F keys which bring up a box and you will check 6200 RPM limit. With PC-V you connect to the software, go to configuration/RevXtend and check 6200 RPM limit.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 11-23-2009, 03:33 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
This is incorrect. The PC III USB as well as the PC-V allow you to raise your stock rev limiter to 6200 RPM's which is about as high as you want to safely rev these motors. This is very simple to do. Open your PC III software and connect to the unit, either turn on the igntion switch or start the bike and hit the control & F keys which bring up a box and you will check 6200 RPM limit. With PC-V you connect to the software, go to configuration/RevXtend and check 6200 RPM limit.
Not for nothing but the Dynojet webpage is giving out the incorrect info then because I was on it just now and that is how Dyno jet is marketing the Rev Extend , "No longer will you have to take your bike to the dealer to have the ecm reflashed in order to have the higher rev limit your bike needs with modified cams heads etc." PC III USB Additional features for Harley Davidson. I'm sure your right so Dyno Jet is providing incorrect info so we will purchase Rev-xtend unnecessarily then? What am I missing?

Old 11-23-2009, 03:37 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by qtrracer
Not for nothing but the Dynojet webpage is giving out the incorrect info then because I was on it just now and that is how Dyno jet is marketing the Rev Extend , "No longer will you have to take your bike to the dealer to have the ecm reflashed in order to have the higher rev limit your bike needs with modified cams heads etc." PC III USB Additional features for Harley Davidson. I'm sure your right so Dyno Jet is providing incorrect info so we will purchase Rev-xtend unnecessarily then? What am I missing?
I just got it thanks , rev extend is included with the PC III USB does not cost extra . I am a slow learner.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:49 PM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior

Souunds easy to me.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:08 AM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Racer don't worry.

When I was younger I though I would have it all figured out by 60.

Forget that, there is something new everyday.

Quick Reply: rev/speed limitation 08 SG