Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Got U1046 TSM CODE - Now What?? HELP??

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Sellzbooze
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got U1046 TSM CODE - Now What?? HELP??

Please help. Just changed all switch housings, caps, lever brackets, master cylinder, etc. to chrome. Unhooked the battery and unfortunately the job took 3 days. Got it all hooked back up and now the bike will not even attempt to start. The lights all come on and all switches work except left and right turn signals, and obviously the starter switch. When you turn the bike on I get no fuel pump sound, no check engine light, and the red key light comes on and stays on. The bike is a 2006 Street Glide without security. I checked the code on the odometer and got one for U1046 and do not know what I need to do from here. Just spent $600 bucks on all of this and now the bike will do nothing. The dealer said I could always bring it to them and they could figure it out for $85 an hour.
U1064 Loss of TSM/TSSM Serial Data Carb
U1064 Loss of TSM/TSSM Serial Data EFI
U1064 Loss of TSM/TSSM Serial Data Instruments

Old 12-30-2009, 09:18 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like you have a short to ground, pinched wire or broken switch/improperly installed switch cap....

My suggesstion, open up the switch housings completely, and see if it will power up correctly... and while it is open, inspect your wires..

Old 12-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Sellzbooze
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Shovelhead Bob. I got the same directions from another post and went through the housing and there it was! After some handy wire work and a new 15amp fuse she rides again. I am very thankful for the reply as I had already tossed my hands up since the dealership told me it was most likely a bad TSM. They said they would be happy to sell me one and even install it for me. I can't describe the feeling in my stomach after hearing that. I have already forked over tons of cash to them!!!!