Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

I thought my circuit breaker issue was resolved...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 12:24 AM
kkiley
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default I thought my circuit breaker issue was resolved...

2000 Fatboy carb keeps kicking the master circuit breaker. It has a new crank position sensor and battery. Hooked up a VOM and the charging system is working correctly. New 30 amp circuit breaker installed. Cleaned the ignition switch. I literally had the whole wiring harness unhooked, pulled out, checked for shorts and any bare or crossed wires. Didn't find any issues and put it all back together carefully. Rode it Thurs, Friday and all day Sat with no issues. Stopped for a BD party and went to ride home after it sitting for 5 hours. Got about 5 blocks and it cut out. Turn the ignition switch off and on and it starts right back up.
It was very hot all day Sat and no issues. It was cool and dark when it died. I must be looking for a voltage spike that's kicking the breaker. I've had the VOM hooked up when it quit and it was registering 14.19 volts at the battery.
I'm thinking the starter relay, neutral switch or bank angle sensor. It's doing it just enough to PMO but not bad enough to duplicate.
Any thoughts would be deeply appreciated.