Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Screamin Eagle Race Tuner HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 11:47 PM
n0useforaname
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Screamin Eagle Race Tuner HELP!

Ok...I did searches and can't find what I'm looking for, so here it goes;

I just bought and 07 Street Glide that has an aftermarket intake and Rinehart true duals.....everyone including my plugs is telling me I'm running too lean. The guy I bought it from also bought a Screamin Eagle Race Tuner that he NEVER touched....so last night I installed the software to find it's not simple at all...SO. Is there ANYONE who would be willing to help me, talk to me on the phone, something to help me use this thing? All the Harley dealerships want 400.00 from me...seems kinda crazy to pay 500 for a tuner then another 400 on top of that.. I mean it can't be that hard to change my bike to run Richer for the mods I have....I just don't know how to use the tuner...and the manuals with it is asking for calibration files, etc... which I just don't know... Anyone???!!??? If not, I'm about to sell this thing and get something more simple.....

Old 08-15-2010, 01:56 AM
haman66
Novice

what color is the tuner and part #

Old 08-15-2010, 08:10 AM
n0useforaname
6th Gear

The tuner is all black with a red button on top and the box says 545671 on it...

Old 08-15-2010, 09:29 AM
tgshoe
Road Captain

Calibration files should be included with the software. There should be a guide with the software and just follow it. If that is not working then there is a training cd you can get that will walk you through it. It really is not that hard once you familiarize yourself with the concept and the software. Read the included help file.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:11 AM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not sure when they added smart tune to the SESPT, but without that tool there is no way to calibrate the VEs and know what to adjust short of a dyno.

You may be able to get close enough with the canned calibration MAPs included with the software, but I think they are only for HD products, so you'll have to pick one you thing is close. If you get to the point of knowing what you are doing, you may be able some sensible adjustments, otherwise you hire someone to tune it.

Old 08-15-2010, 02:26 PM
n0useforaname
6th Gear

I hear people talking about canned tunes, but my software had NONE....unless they are hiding somewhere I don't know about??? And I read the instructions, they just say about basic tuning and advanced, but it talks about calibration files, etc.. which I don't have. This is why it's confusing to me....does anyone have canned files they could give to me? All I have is a Forcewinder coned air cleaner and Rinehard true duals...

Old 08-15-2010, 03:19 PM
ColdCase
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The calibration files are suppose to be on the CD with the software. Should be a bunch of them there. I think one of the pull down menus has a "load calibration file" item and clicking on that should take you to the list of available files to pick from.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a SERT and now a TTS which are similar.
the CD for both had a "install" the thing, when done I had or have actually several Shortcuts. One of them was instructions, one for tuning guide and one for HD calibrations.
Anyway they all loaded themselves.
I printed the insructions out, plunched 3 holes in the papers, put in a folder and read on them now and then. Read several times at first.
If I can do it, anybody can.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:46 PM
n0useforaname
6th Gear

I will go back in and do some more reading and see if I can find any files. But I have ONE more question.....when should I hook this thing up to my bike? After I find the files? Or before? Because I'm guessing it's like my truck and VIN locks on my bike....and I had to pull my stock tune from my truck before I could load a new tune....so is my bike the same? Should I hook it up first and pull my stock tune? Thanx for the help guys....I'm really determined to do this myself and NOT pay Harley 400 bucks more.. I really wasn't going to do anything, but someone said if I keep running this lean my engine will get too hot and eventually cause damage, which I DON"T want.. So even a canned tune that will get me to run a bit richer would be great.... again thanx! And I will keep you updated and probably ask more questions

Old 08-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Old Gunny
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check the disk. Everything should be there. If it didn't load-- reload it.

Best thing I can say is to-- read the instructions. For what you have should be several Calibration you can use.

You do have the hook up wires right? Will need them.

By the way only the little doddle thing is locked to the ECM. The Disk and all on it is Sammy-Same for all.

Quick Reply: Screamin Eagle Race Tuner HELP!