Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignition-tuner-ecm-fuel-injection-55/)
-   -   I have a few questions about fuelpak (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/ignition-tuner-ecm-fuel-injection/562748-i-have-a-few-questions-about-fuelpak.html)

fatboylo56 09-14-2010 07:23 PM

I have a few questions about fuelpak

I just recently bought a 2011 fat boy lo and purchased the V&H Big radius 2 to 1 exhaust and the drak intake. I also purchased the fuelpak but the dealer is telling me that it will 1 void my warranty and 2 most likely mess up my ecu. Instead they are trying to get me to do there race tune which would be better for the bike and also still be covered under warranty. The only thing is its $200 more then the fuelpak. What would i be better off doing????

MLCrow1 09-14-2010 08:46 PM

Interesting they would tell you it would void warranty, my dealer actually suggested it and I've had one on my 2007 Street Glide for over 15,000 miles with no issues. It is probably not going to give as much power as the SE unit, but, they seem to be a good product and easy to setup especially when using V & H pipes (I have true duals and monster ovals),

Fatboy Brian 09-14-2010 08:50 PM

My dealer told me it would void the warranty on my 08 FB if I didn't buy one with the V & H pipes that they installed before I left the dealership.

Avalanche123 09-14-2010 11:19 PM

I went with the SERT and I am pleased with it. I did read the that with the fuel pack from V&H you are limited to what you can do with anything beyond a Stage 2.

ColdCase 09-15-2010 08:10 AM

Technically the V&H pipes void your warranty, or some of it. So does the race tuner. Different dealers will give you different stories, depending on what they want to sell you. The same dealer will tell you different stories from time to time, depending on their management. HD has to prove what you did caused the warranty issue, they won't question something like a frame break, but could look more carefully at a burned valve.

Install the tuner that you want. If you want the best for the bike and are a DIYer, consider the TTS tuning kit. Same concept as the HD product but less money, easier to use, does a better job, and there is plenty of tech support around here. Should you have a warranty issue and are anxious about it, you can easily program back to stock and not leave a footprint (or to remove the FP for that matter). If you name the MAP right, you don't even have to reprogram the bike. Now hiding the V&H pipes may be a different issue :)

Led Sled 09-15-2010 07:26 PM

I put a Fuel Pak on my 2010 Street Glide after changing my pipes (removed cat). It ran like poo. I called V&H and I could tell they were having issues with this but they didnt directly say it. Found out that the bikes with cats in the head pipe have the timing really retarded from the factory. Anyway, installed TTS and WOW what a diff. You need a tuner that has the capabilities to change the timing. The FP does not (and cannot) adjust timing. Trust me, its like night and day.

BTW...I have a Fuel Pak on my 05 Softail and it runs great so I'm not bashing the FP.

fatboylo56 09-17-2010 10:25 PM

yeah thats what i traded for my bike was a 05 softail

rjwin 04-29-2016 11:09 AM

I had a 2014 Street Glide Special. I only changed the mufflers to Street Cannons. No tuner. It ran very well and accelerated quickly. I bought a 2015 Heritage Softail. I changed the exhaust to Vance and Hines True Duals. I installed the Fuelpak 3 with the V&H map for the exhaust with a stock breather. It runs cooler, stock was very hot, but I don't think it has near the get along as the Street Glide. The dealer said they have the same engine, but I know something is different. The SG would nearly raise the front end in normal shifting. The Heritage has to be cranked on hard to keep up with my friend's ultra. I hate to keep putting out money for one tuner after another. Had I known about TTS, I probably would have gone that way.