Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Security System, 2007 Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 10:17 PM
hdmike1960
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security System, 2007 Street Glide

I have a problem ,,, my security system wont shut down. The last couple times I rode I had a hard time and I thought the battery in the key fob was dying, but now neither fob will shut down the system. I have the key fob system where it only has to be with in a certain distance, no button to press on it. When I turn the ignition on, normally the key light on the speedometer would go out and the starter would engage. Now when I turn the ignition on, the lights flash, the key light flashes and the starter will not engage. I bought the bike used and I tried entering the security system threw the turn signals and I tried several different codes, 0,1,2,3,4 ,,, 1,2,3,4,5 ,,, 9,9,9,9,9 ,,, I dont know the code and I tried to change the code but it wont do that either. I have a good idea that the security module is bad but I'm wondering if there is any way to bypass it. I'm out of ideas and any knowledgable info would be very helpfull.
Thanks, Mike

Old 09-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Mr. Wizard
Administrator
Received 2,035 Likes on 1,103 Posts

The most common mistake is... now get this.... the battery in the fob is installed upside down when replacing the battery.

Try that first.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:42 PM
abester
2nd Gear

I'm having the same problem cept mine is an 08 dyna. It began when I tried to start it without my key fob. I can eventually start it by entering the code via the turn signal switches but it's a pain. The batteries on my fobs are the same ones that came with it new. It just doesn't seem to reset back to normal. I will try new batteries and see what that does.

Abester

Old 09-28-2010, 05:03 PM
lnemup
Intermediate

I am having the same problem with my 07 SG? Wouldnt start on friday, lights just continue to flash, so bought new fob batteries. Worked out Saturday with new batteries. Came home today grab fob with fresh batteries, same issue lights flashing, bike wont start. Went and got other fob, put in a brand new bike started right up. An hour later same fob wont start? I cant find my manual so dont know how the steps for over ride. I did find a paper that says key number( 4 digit) and personal key code (tssm)(5 digit number). Is this anything that will help me? Anyone know what can be the problem? Is there a way to shut down alarm permanently? Someone help us out. Can believe someone else with same model and year having same problem. HELP.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:16 PM
peppi
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hdmike1960
I have a problem ,,, my security system wont shut down. The last couple times I rode I had a hard time and I thought the battery in the key fob was dying, but now neither fob will shut down the system. I have the key fob system where it only has to be with in a certain distance, no button to press on it. When I turn the ignition on, normally the key light on the speedometer would go out and the starter would engage. Now when I turn the ignition on, the lights flash, the key light flashes and the starter will not engage. I bought the bike used and I tried entering the security system threw the turn signals and I tried several different codes, 0,1,2,3,4 ,,, 1,2,3,4,5 ,,, 9,9,9,9,9 ,,, I dont know the code and I tried to change the code but it wont do that either. I have a good idea that the security module is bad but I'm wondering if there is any way to bypass it. I'm out of ideas and any knowledgable info would be very helpfull.
Thanks, Mike
IF you can get the FOB to deactivate the alarm you can try this to get your present PIN code out of the system. You can also try the last 5 digits of your VIN number.

To view/change the PIN number follow this procedure, but read and understand it first, then see the note at the bottom.

1. Select 5 digit code (1 thru 9) and record it on the wallet card in the owners manual.

2. With an assigned FOB present, turn IGN key ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON

3. Press Left turn signal switch 2 times.

4. Press Right turn signal switch one time and release.
*Turn signals will flash 3 times. Current PIN will appear in the odometer. The first digit will be flashing.

5. Enter first digit (a) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (a) times.

6. Press right turn signal 1 time and release.
*The new digit (a) will replace the current in the odometer window.

7. Enter second digit (b) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch (b) times.

8. Press right turn signal 1 time and release.
*The new digit will replace the current in odometer window.

9. Enter the third digit (c) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (c) times.

10. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.
*The new digit (c) will replace the current in the odometer window.

11. Enter forth digit (d) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch (d) times.

12. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.

13. Enter the fifth digit (e) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (e) times.
*The new digit (e) will replace the current in the odometer window.

14. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.

15. Before the module rearms, turn ignition key to OFF.
* The odometer will return to mileage display.
**Turning the ignition to OFF stores the new pin in the module.

NOTE
The key to doing this procedure is to turn the ignition switch on/off/on/off/on and use the left directional 3 times then the right just once and do it all in TWO SECONDS or it will not work.
Also on new installations, the dealer has to program the fob using the bar code for it to work.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:00 AM
lnemup
Intermediate

Thanks for the info. I was able to deactivate. My factory setting were 11111. Not difficult to do, I just never had to do it before. Hopefully this isnt something I will need to do on a regular basis. Sometime the fob works sometimes it doesnt. I have read about interferance causing this sometimes. I am going to roll it around in my garage and see what happens. I have not driven the bike since I would rather this happen in my garage then out somewhere. Now that I know the code to deactivate I will give it test on the road. Guess if it still does it, probably something wrong with the alarm itself. Hoping not the issue. Thanks again.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:00 PM
peppi
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have the smart siren with the antenna on it, the antenna could be causing the problem also. Try to reposition it and see if that helps. It looks like a piece of black wire about 7" long.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:02 PM
abester
2nd Gear
Angry

Originally Posted by abester
I'm having the same problem cept mine is an 08 dyna. It began when I tried to start it without my key fob. I can eventually start it by entering the code via the turn signal switches but it's a pain. The batteries on my fobs are the same ones that came with it new. It just doesn't seem to reset back to normal. I will try new batteries and see what that does.

Abester
Put new batteries on both fobs and still won't start. I'm having to enter the code every time. also tried disconnecting main battery overnight to no avail.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:52 AM
Radek
Stage I

Originally Posted by peppi
IF you can get the FOB to deactivate the alarm you can try this to get your present PIN code out of the system. You can also try the last 5 digits of your VIN number.

To view/change the PIN number follow this procedure, but read and understand it first, then see the note at the bottom.

1. Select 5 digit code (1 thru 9) and record it on the wallet card in the owners manual.

2. With an assigned FOB present, turn IGN key ON - OFF - ON - OFF - ON

3. Press Left turn signal switch 2 times.

4. Press Right turn signal switch one time and release.
*Turn signals will flash 3 times. Current PIN will appear in the odometer. The first digit will be flashing.

5. Enter first digit (a) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (a) times.

6. Press right turn signal 1 time and release.
*The new digit (a) will replace the current in the odometer window.

7. Enter second digit (b) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch (b) times.

8. Press right turn signal 1 time and release.
*The new digit will replace the current in odometer window.

9. Enter the third digit (c) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (c) times.

10. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.
*The new digit (c) will replace the current in the odometer window.

11. Enter forth digit (d) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal switch (d) times.

12. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.

13. Enter the fifth digit (e) of the new PIN by pressing left turn signal (e) times.
*The new digit (e) will replace the current in the odometer window.

14. Press the right turn switch 1 time and release.

15. Before the module rearms, turn ignition key to OFF.
* The odometer will return to mileage display.
**Turning the ignition to OFF stores the new pin in the module.

NOTE
The key to doing this procedure is to turn the ignition switch on/off/on/off/on and use the left directional 3 times then the right just once and do it all in TWO SECONDS or it will not work.
Also on new installations, the dealer has to program the fob using the bar code for it to work.
Hello ,
I have a similar problem. I bought a used Street Glide 2009, without the battery. After connecting the new battery I can't start the engine, turn signals are flashing alternately.
I understand that the procedure given by you for a new pin code should fix this problem?
The question, press the left turn swith 2 or 3 times?
Regards,

Radek