Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 05:38 PM
P51Driver
Road Warrior
Received 195 Likes on 127 Posts

What is the difference between a power vision and a power vision 3? I have a power division 2 and I used it on my 2012 Fatboy I want to use the same power vision 2 on my 2018 Softail can anybody tell me if this will work?

Old 06-15-2019, 06:55 PM
Ryan42
Road Master
Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

When you set the gauges on the PowerVision an select ET which I Assume is engine temperature where is it reading it from? Is it the temperature of the heads? And what is a normal reading because I can’t seem to find that anywhere

Old 06-15-2019, 06:59 PM
djKail
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan42
When you set the gauges on the PowerVision an select ET which I Assume is engine temperature where is it reading it from? Is it the temperature of the heads? And what is a normal reading because I can’t seem to find that anywhere

It depends what you are riding, a twin cam has this sensor in the front head, while a sportster has it deeper in the rear head I believe.

My twin cam runs a bit warm around 250-280 when cruising at speed, higher in the city. It's been awhile but I think my sporty would read around 310-325ish?

Old 06-15-2019, 07:36 PM
Ryan42
Road Master

Originally Posted by djKail
It depends what you are riding, a twin cam has this sensor in the front head, while a sportster has it deeper in the rear head I believe.

My twin cam runs a bit warm around 250-280 when cruising at speed, higher in the city. It's been awhile but I think my sporty would read around 310-325ish?
I am riding on a twin cam 103- 2015 street glide. OK sounds good I haven’t been able to find a definitive number for what it should read since it is only Head Temp. I have heard up to 400 is normal for the heads and that the magic number for oil is around 230 and you want it under 270

Old 06-16-2019, 02:29 AM
david barnby
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

If your bike has the sensors ET, HT and AT is available. My glide does and my older Softail doesn’t.

Old 06-16-2019, 11:46 AM
Ryan42
Road Master

Originally Posted by david barnby
If your bike has the sensors ET, HT and AT is available. My glide does and my older Softail doesn’t.
The hell if I know. Might as well just call fuel moto and find out

Old 06-16-2019, 01:40 PM
david barnby
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

The hell if I know. Might as well just call fuel moto and find out
thats one way, they are very helpful

but best way is when you set up the gauges it gives you all the options - select what you want. If the engine doesn’t have it then the gauge won’t work.

best way to learn the PV is get into its menus and see what is possible. Takes (or to did me) a long time to get things understood because riding is more fun but at a rest stop get the pointer out and have a fiddle. Then you can see what you have as you ride further.

have fun

Old 06-17-2019, 09:47 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
I'm not happy at all with the purchase of my Power Vision, oke it have the comfort to editing the maps on a pc but for the rest you always have that stupid thing on the handlebar
like a GPS. When parking the bike for a longer period of time on a public place you need to remove it and put it away or it can be stolen by guys who are thing it is a GPS.

Since you can not sell this anymore because it is married with the bike I'm just going to throw it away because I ordered myself a new Vance & Hines FP3 yesterday.
Please know that the Power Vision does not need to remain plugged in or mounted on your bike. The only time it needs to be utilized is when you are flashing tunes, when you want to display or log data, or when you want to use the Auto Tune application. Most users flash the bike and then put it in their toolbox or saddlebag until they need it. Unlike FP3 which can only be used on one bike Power Vision can also be used on multiple bikes with the purchase of an additional Tune License, you can license an unlimited amount of bikes.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 06-17-2019, 09:51 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by P51Driver
What is the difference between a power vision and a power vision 3? I have a power division 2 and I used it on my 2012 Fatboy I want to use the same power vision 2 on my 2018 Softail can anybody tell me if this will work?
Power Vision PV-1 & PV-2 are the same devices with a different J1850 or CANbus cable for the appropriate application. The PV-2 & cable works on the 2012 Fatboy. Power Vision 3 is a different device and it is currently available for Indian/Polaris Motorcycles & off road machines and several Metric applications.

Old 06-17-2019, 09:57 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

I am riding on a twin cam 103- 2015 street glide. OK sounds good I haven’t been able to find a definitive number for what it should read since it is only Head Temp. I have heard up to 400 is normal for the heads and that the magic number for oil is around 230 and you want it under 270
The channel ET is Engine Temperature and it is derived from the sensor on the front cylinder head. On a 103" motor normal temps are generally 240-320 relative to conditions & load. The channel Head Temp is actually a value that is modeled and populated by the ECM based on several different inputs, this is going to read much higher than ET, Head Temp is primarily used by the ECM for spark temp correction as noted the tables in WinPv. Pretty well all of the other tuning tables that reference temp are referring to ET.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread