Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 05:10 PM
bukwild
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my PV auto tune last year and ran the program that fuel moto loaded into it for me. During a couple rides last year my screen went very washed out and streaky but it returned to normal after restarting the bike. Yesterday was my first ride of the year and the screen will not display normally, it is like the contrast is very bright and has colored streaks running down the screen. I can not read the screen unless I tilt the unit away from me and try to read it from a bottom angle. Any one ever had this happen?

Old 05-20-2017, 10:05 AM
Spazz
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Been a while since I chatted up in here and have a quick question.....

When I first got my PV and TT... I ran a 1074x TH and now with D&D Boss Boarzilla and need to re-tune.

I was told to run a short 20-30 mile cruise and apply it... then change my Kpa setting... and run the rest....

What should my Kpa settings be to run AT once again? Is one setting better than the other?

Thanks....

Old 05-21-2017, 01:45 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

How significantly different are those two systems going to be. There are both 2into1 aren't they?

Seems to me you just run a new auto-tune and let the system do the work if you've got a good base map on the bike already to start from.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:52 PM
Spazz
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by oldhippie
How significantly different are those two systems going to be. There are both 2into1 aren't they?

Seems to me you just run a new auto-tune and let the system do the work if you've got a good base map on the bike already to start from.
there is a noticeable difference in performance. And yes. AY is easy... just need to know what kpa settings should be at as I can't remember

Old 05-24-2017, 02:45 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts
Default Making the 6 Pin Connector a 4 Pin

I also created a separate thread but thought some people may pay more attention to this sticky, and not the other threads.

Has anyone changed the 6 pin connector to a 4 pin? Have a pv-2 with the 6 pin cable. Need the 4 pin, making it a pv-1.

Someone with a PV-1 4 Pin cable could ohm out the four wire pins to the 8 wire connector.

Also, I found this pin out on another forum:

Top row from left to right:
12V +, CAN High, N/A, Ground

Bottom row from left to right:
J1850, CAN Low, N/A, N/A

For 4 pin aplications up to 2011 You need to connect:

12+ from PV to Grey wire on DLC socket
GND from PV to Black wire on DLC socket
J1850 from PV to Light/Green wire on DLC socket

And yes, I realize a 4 pin cable can be purchased.

Attached Thumbnails Power Vision Information Thread-pv-pin-out.jpg  

Last edited by KumaRide; 05-24-2017 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-28-2017, 08:03 PM
brakeless
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,418 Likes on 2,560 Posts
Default Sert Help

Can someone point me in the right direction regarding tuning with SERT? Im new here and cant seem to figure out how to start a new thread. So, sorry about the jump.
Anyways, I'm trying to get rid of a little Rev Hang between shifts on my '04 FLSTCI. Stage 1, with V&H Pro Pipe. Is it a lean condition in the 0 column?

Old 05-29-2017, 09:44 AM
rsking45
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 74 Posts
Default PV software update 2.0.26

I'm trying to update my PV,but when I try to do this update it downloads to 55% and times out. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 05-30-2017, 04:07 PM
DonnieM
Road Captain

Received 201 Likes on 130 Posts

Question for the PV guru's here on the forum:

I have an '06 Ultra 88inch running SE stage 1 AC with K&N filter, B&E true duals with B&E Superflows and recently installed Andrews 21 cams. With the 2 different maps provided for the V&H fuelpak the bike is running rich at start up, runs ok but the mpg is 33 on average and per V&H that is normal, do not have any additional map/help because of the cams

So the question of the day, if I purchase a PV through FuelMoto, will I see any improvements (Is it worth the coin spent)? You all use them so you are the best sounding board and I am aware I will not be able to use the AT feature not having o2 sensors so will be depending initially on the map provided by FuelMoto. Thanks in advance for your reply!

Old 05-30-2017, 07:08 PM
Wide Open Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 207 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by DonnieM

I have an '06 Ultra 88inch running SE stage 1 AC with K&N filter, B&E true duals with B&E Superflows and recently installed Andrews 21 cams. With the 2 different maps provided for the V&H fuelpak the bike is running rich at start up, runs ok but the mpg is 33 on average and per V&H that is normal, do not have any additional map/help because of the cams

So the question of the day, if I purchase a PV through FuelMoto, will I see any improvements (Is it worth the coin spent)? You all use them so you are the best sounding board and I am aware I will not be able to use the AT feature not having o2 sensors so will be depending initially on the map provided by FuelMoto. Thanks in advance for your reply!
if you don't plan on getting it dyno tuned and you don't habe the ability to auto tune then it'll run as a good as the canned MAP you get will allow it to run. It's impossible to answer your question because no one knows how close the MAP will be.

Old 05-31-2017, 12:32 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Originally Posted by DonnieM

You can also weld in some bungs for the sensors & do it right to make everything useful .

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread