Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 12:14 AM
Derek Morrison
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question injector rate question

Hi, i have question... I was bored and was going through my tunes and noticed on a tune I got from Fuel Moto it has the injector rate set @4.22 gr./sec., but my other tunes from Dynojet,and my orig.tune that came on ECM(was a Factory Map from dealership for stage 1 upgrade)both have it set at 4.35 gr./sec.,which is what I'm finding everything I find for info saying that the stock injector flow rate is 4.35 gr./sec. So I guess what I'm asking is,does this make a difference and why would it be set different? Also I will include I do have a Dynojet Power Vision tuner w/Autotune&wideband O2 sensors, and other mods should be in my profile. Thank you in advance!

Old 08-04-2017, 12:28 AM
Derek Morrison
Advanced

I've noticed the same problem on mine. I rerouted the cable as far away as possible from ANY other wires, but still have it happen every so often. I've noticed that it seems to happen mostly during the first 30 mins of use for the day, and at lower rpm's,for some reason. I'm going to contact them as well and see about getting a heavier shielded cable. Also when the gauges like rpm,temp,etc. go out,the AFR and any info from the Autotune module still work.

Old 08-10-2017, 12:43 AM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Derek Morrison
Hi, i have question... I was bored and was going through my tunes and noticed on a tune I got from Fuel Moto it has the injector rate set @4.22 gr./sec., but my other tunes from Dynojet,and my orig.tune that came on ECM(was a Factory Map from dealership for stage 1 upgrade)both have it set at 4.35 gr./sec.,which is what I'm finding everything I find for info saying that the stock injector flow rate is 4.35 gr./sec. So I guess what I'm asking is,does this make a difference and why would it be set different? Also I will include I do have a Dynojet Power Vision tuner w/Autotune&wideband O2 sensors, and other mods should be in my profile. Thank you in advance!
Looked up your bike and shows 4.22 injectors on the SEPST maps from 2001 to 2005. In 2006 went to 3.91 and I think in 2015 went to 4.35 when went to 103's. 4.35 came in all 103's 2010 up and 110's 08 up. 2007 110 came with 3.91. Probably more info than you wanted.

The following users liked this post:
Derek Morrison (08-19-2017)
Old 08-19-2017, 01:54 PM
prostar
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by prostar
Myself and a few friends use the gauge mode on the powervision full time on our bikes. We have done this for over three years. 2 of us have had to replace our displays in the last 3 months. Now when we use the gauge display that has 6 different readings showing it powervision will go blank inside the boxes where readings would be. Dynojet is aware of the problem and sent us new power cables that are shielded. They think the cable is getting RF interference. I know it didn't for three years and why would it do it now? I just changed it to a four gauges reading to see if this makes a difference.

After a couple emails to dynojet they are going to test my unit. The power cord has been routed over the gas tank away from the wiring harness backbone and still had issues. I hope they find something.

Old 08-19-2017, 04:24 PM
Heatwave
Received 1,077 Likes on 638 Posts

There's a relatively easy fix you can do, even while riding. Just gently and partially unplug the power connector on the PV. Just a fraction to power it down and then immediately plug it back in. It will reboot and you'll have your 6 guage display back up and running in no time.

Old 08-19-2017, 10:46 PM
Derek Morrison
Advanced

Originally Posted by prostar
After a couple emails to dynojet they are going to test my unit. The power cord has been routed over the gas tank away from the wiring harness backbone and still had issues. I hope they find something.
yeah I received a new shielded cable for my PV and haven't had a problem with the PV freezing since! Hopefully this was all it was, and will cure the problem

Old 08-20-2017, 07:38 AM
Ultra 2008
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same problem immediately after install the "Love Jugs" Mighty Mites fans and plugging them into the accessories circuit with a Deutsch splitter. Worked ok for about 5 - 10 minutes of riding and then the gauge values went blank but the 6 gauge screen was normal, just no sensor values. After discussing it with both Dynojet and Fuel Moto whereas both was sure it was RF interference so I removed the seat/tank and checked/relocated everything from the PV cord and put everything back together - results was NO CHANGE!! I then purchased a new cable from Dynojet and ran it over the tank and under the console - results was NO CHANGE!! My next step was to go for a short ride of about 7 - 8 miles with the fans turned OFF, and everything worked as normal. So after absolutely identifying the source I cut off the Deutsch connection on the end of the fans plug and hard wired directly to the battery and issue was completely solved. I don't understand why connecting to the accessories circuit caused the RF interference, but it did. My problem might have just been a specific issue with the power for the fans, but I thought I would share my problem/resolution in hopes that it may benefit others!!

Roger

Last edited by Ultra 2008; 08-20-2017 at 07:40 AM.
The following users liked this post:
prostar (08-21-2017)
Old 08-20-2017, 11:47 PM
tomoad
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got a power vison so I'm new at this. Where do you change AFR? Is there a place or is it done on laptop?

Old 08-21-2017, 07:45 AM
Ultra 2008
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can accomplish this via "Quick Tune" function on the PV unit. However, I would suggest you get the PV tuning software for your computer and then you can modify most all the functions/values. One other suggestion, go to the Dynojet site and you can not only download this software for free, but there are an abundance of U-Tube videos that are very informative for anyone who owns/runs the PV tuner. You can also just "google" Power Vision Tuning on U-Tube. I think that the U-Tube videos will be your most valuable/informative suggestion I can make.

Good luck, as you have the best Tuner on the Market (my opinion anyway!!), now you need to learn how versatile it is. I also have the Target Tune module that runs the "wide band sensors" all the time, and not only when doing a Auto Tune session.

Roger

Old 08-21-2017, 05:31 PM
prostar
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra 2008
I had the same problem immediately after install the "Love Jugs" Mighty Mites fans and plugging them into the accessories circuit with a Deutsch splitter. Worked ok for about 5 - 10 minutes of riding and then the gauge values went blank but the 6 gauge screen was normal, just no sensor values. After discussing it with both Dynojet and Fuel Moto whereas both was sure it was RF interference so I removed the seat/tank and checked/relocated everything from the PV cord and put everything back together - results was NO CHANGE!! I then purchased a new cable from Dynojet and ran it over the tank and under the console - results was NO CHANGE!! My next step was to go for a short ride of about 7 - 8 miles with the fans turned OFF, and everything worked as normal. So after absolutely identifying the source I cut off the Deutsch connection on the end of the fans plug and hard wired directly to the battery and issue was completely solved. I don't understand why connecting to the accessories circuit caused the RF interference, but it did. My problem might have just been a specific issue with the power for the fans, but I thought I would share my problem/resolution in hopes that it may benefit others!!

Roger

I will try this if they don't find a problem with my PV. The only thing that makes me think that isn't my problem is I have used their fans about 2 1/2 years and this problem is new.

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread