Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 07:31 PM
iron mule
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Fuel Moto
thanks for the replies and for taking up this problem again
I want all here to know this problem was caused due to dyno jet updated the power vision format and screen but did not put out any new info or instructions for the update
when I contacted them I kept getting referred to the old videos which did not match what my unit was doing
I can understand they deal with these every day and a simple change may not mean that much to them but to some one like myself that is going to follow instructions to the letter it makes a big difference
I want all to know fuel moto has contacted me again about this and they are going above and beyond to try and help me understand how to use and operate my power vision

thanks again to them
mule

The following users liked this post:
oldhippie (01-10-2018)
Old 01-10-2018, 03:07 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks for the follow-up. Buying a PV from FM was a very smart move!

Good on ya' for clearing that up here.

Steve, aka oldhippie

Old 01-10-2018, 07:14 PM
iron mule
Intermediate
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

hello again
just to make this clear it was not fuel moto that I had any problem with they are doing the best they can to help
most of the conversations/email was thru dyno jet they kept sending me outdated instructions which was getting me more confused and frustrated
just wanted to make that clear to all
mule

oldhippie (01-10-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 10:27 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

For those interested FM University is now live, there is a University tab in the upper right corner of our website. This is an info & resource portal with tech info on tuning products, engine components and more. You'll find FAQ's and video's and content will be added as we move forward. There is a bunch of Power Vision content. Check it out at https://university.fuelmotousa.com/hc/en-us

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

The following 2 users liked this post by fuelmoto:
FLTRI17 (02-01-2018), oldhippie (02-02-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 12:03 PM
Bigstakz
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good afternoon to all,

I'm new to the tuning world and recently purchased the Dynojet Powervision. After installing the preloaded map for my configuration ('14 FLHTP w/ SE Slipons and Big Sucka), I noticed a significant drop in mpg and the rpm/gear ratio seems to be off as well.

Has anyone else experienced this or something remotely close to it? If so, how do I fix it?

Old 02-08-2018, 12:22 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigstakz
Good afternoon to all,

I'm new to the tuning world and recently purchased the Dynojet Powervision. After installing the preloaded map for my configuration ('14 FLHTP w/ SE Slipons and Big Sucka), I noticed a significant drop in mpg and the rpm/gear ratio seems to be off as well.

Has anyone else experienced this or something remotely close to it? If so, how do I fix it?
Best option is to get it dyno tuned, if not you'll have to run the auto tune.

Bigstakz (02-08-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 02:41 PM
david barnby
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Was there ever a definitive answer to the questions this raises?

Originally Posted by iclick
I've never understood the numerical dips as you cite above. I have them and suppose everyone else does, but if they are providing the AFR needed it would seem that if you attempted to apply an artificial smoothing algorithm it would upset what you are trying to accomplish. IOW, if I a ask for 14.0:1 and am getting that with VE's at 93, 88, and 95 why would I want to smooth the numbers and risk upsetting the tuning parameters I've asked for? Am I missing something?
WinPV includes the smoothing function and getting the table smooth is easy and kinda satisfying to do so using it must be intended but after 2 long days of collecting my own AT files I am poring over them in WinPV. The bike is running really sweet with the last version of the AT Tune so I could just close the PC, take out the WBO2s, remove the AT/PV/cabling and just enjoy the bike.

Base tune was a PV Dynojet tune with great results but I had to change the exhaust system so decided to PV/AT PRO myself as target AFRs etc were done by the DJ Dyno Tuner so I would only need VE Table adjustments necessary to achieve the AFR's with the new airflow characteristics. This process went really well and I enjoyed turning cells on the green screen red and targeting different zones of the screen per AT run.

BUT as i can never leave anything alone I looked at the files on WinPV and I see these "odd man out" cells. I am going cross eyed trying to see if the same cell in every tune is like this using the compare tool but in reality, this venture is only worth getting into if the answer to iClicks question is clear:

Big 2Qs: are these cells "odd man out" because:

1. The bike system determined those cells need that VE as a fact so don't mess with it

2. There will always be spurious cell values due to changing conditions, bike system artifacts (fancy words eh?), or control input surprises (snapping throttle open or closed etc). Its fine to smooth these odd values away.

I have tracked back to the thread post quoted from 2011 and a lot has been learned during the life of the thread since then - anyone now able to answer #1 or #2? (please don't say "both", that is the same as a non answer)

Cheers all

Old 02-24-2018, 08:04 AM
shanneba
Road Warrior
Received 439 Likes on 365 Posts

Are the cells you are looking at ones that did not reach the PV AT "hit count" setting limit? (default is hitting the cell 5 times)

Are they below the minimum VE learn setting?
Are they above the MAX VE learn setting?

Old 02-24-2018, 08:26 AM
david barnby
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Hmm - you could be on to something there - can i see a table for Hit count so I can correlate?

I believe is a minimum not maximum number of counts set to 5 right?

They are not above or below the max min VE learning setting

Thanks for your help

Last edited by david barnby; 02-24-2018 at 08:30 AM.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:19 AM
shanneba
Road Warrior
Received 439 Likes on 365 Posts

I don't remember seeing hit counts in the PV files/logfiles.
Yes the min hit count default is set to 5.

You may also be seeing PV data where one of the log items was not retrieved for a record, "missing data".
Maybe the RPM or TP didn't get put into the PV log.

Do you have MegaLogViewer?

You can load a PV log file and display data, RPM vs TP and VE, it will show the cell count from the log. (you would need to make the RPM / TP axis columns match what is in your VE table.)

You can see the hit count (in the data details on the lower left) from the highlighted cell: (the four cells at the bottom right have "missing data")

Last edited by shanneba; 02-24-2018 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Added photo
david barnby (02-24-2018)

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread