Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 02:08 PM
jtourche
Advanced
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by shanneba
Great, Thanks, I'll check it out.

Old 06-21-2018, 12:22 PM
ScoopsLR
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One question: If i get cams on my 2018 Road Glide CVO, Will this product still tune it with cams ?

Old 06-21-2018, 12:47 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ScoopsLR
One question: If i get cams on my 2018 Road Glide CVO, Will this product still tune it with cams ?
Yes it will tune your bike with cams. Just putting the cams in and running autotune won't work real well. What you will need is a starter map for the particular cam you chose. Fuelmoto web site has lots of information on this and cams to choose from with dyno sheets. They also have starter maps for the cams on their website. Don't worry about having to select the just right cam with all the magic in it. There is a dyno chart there that compares a lot of the popular cams. Not enough difference to make me pull my hair out trying to select one that is going to out perform everyone else.

The following users liked this post:
ScoopsLR (06-21-2018)
Old 06-22-2018, 04:33 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Here's a question......just installed the canned tune provided by Fuel Moto with the new PV I just received. I advised FM that I have S&S Grand National slip ons without baffles and a current SEPST canned tune installed on a '18 FXFBS. The tune file was named "Stock Improved" from FM. I have not ridden the bike as of yet (tomorrow) but are these M8's tuned that well from the factory that just adding slip ons (cat in header on the FB) doesn't need that much tuning?

Old 06-22-2018, 07:55 PM
2deuceguy
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by modular
Here's a question......just installed the canned tune provided by Fuel Moto with the new PV I just received. I advised FM that I have S&S Grand National slip ons without baffles and a current SEPST canned tune installed on a '18 FXFBS. The tune file was named "Stock Improved" from FM. I have not ridden the bike as of yet (tomorrow) but are these M8's tuned that well from the factory that just adding slip ons (cat in header on the FB) doesn't need that much tuning?
By stock improved they mean its an improved map for a basically stock bike. My experience it's a pretty nice difference over the stock tune

Old 06-22-2018, 11:31 PM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

You will find being loud does NOT make horsepower. A properly tuned exhaust will make the best horsepower, low end and mid range torque, and millage. You will find tuning will go much better with the proper back pressure. It also helps take care of exhaust reversion at the valves.
But you will see an improvement with an FM tune in there.

Last edited by sloufoot; 06-22-2018 at 11:37 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:43 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

They are well tuned for emissions. Adding the slip ons with out baffles isn't going to change the map that much as long as the cat's are still in. It will sound louder. Stock improved is just a name. Adding slip ons is not a big tuning issue. The slip ons may help some in sound area but not much on power. The PV will make a rather large difference in performance when right.

Old 06-23-2018, 02:13 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

I asked because DynoJet has both a "stock improved" and a "stock intake with S&S Grand National Slip Ons" tune available for my bike. Just not sure if FM installed the right tune into the PV.

Old 06-23-2018, 02:18 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by sloufoot
You will find being loud does NOT make horsepower. A properly tuned exhaust will make the best horsepower, low end and mid range torque, and millage. You will find tuning will go much better with the proper back pressure. It also helps take care of exhaust reversion at the valves.
But you will see an improvement with an FM tune in there.

What I meant by no baffles in the S&S slip ons is the optional dB killer inserts have been removed. The mufflers themselves have all the baffling in place as designed.

Old 06-23-2018, 09:53 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Today I ran the wire up the backbone to the bars and mounted the unit. I went to initiate Auto tune and it said I needed dealer info and it would not turn Auto tune on nor would the Quick Tune feature work. Same deal as Auto tune. What gives?? I paid for this unit and I can't even access all features? Is this something Fuel Moto was responsible for activating???

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread