Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Power Vision Information Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 09:50 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Wide Open Cycles
No, the TTS locks the ECM, you would need to put your stock calibration back into the bike (with the TTS) before the Vision would be able to do anything. There is a ton of support for both products, you should be able to get the same or better results using the TTS.
I Doubt it as its not even on the same level as were talking here but worth asking, I had a fp3 when I just had a pipe intake, usual when u get a new bike, now I have the pv and the tt the same doesn't hold true for the fp3 right? I mean the dyno jet superseeds that fp3? thanks

Old 09-20-2017, 04:21 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Wide Open Cycles
Had one doing this on a customers bike, he added some head cooling fans and had them wired up to the accessory switch. The problem went away when wewired them direct.
Hey buds, if the lights go on all green? like they should when red meaning working, I didn't flash my fuel Moto tune from TT into power vision, I called late and there busy, do you or anyone know what it means, when it does exactly same thing as the red lights when working, but in GREEN, and it stays GREEN, I didn't flash the TT in power vision, as I was told to take a 20 minute ride before auto tuning?So I'm assuming the steady GREEN means, READY for flash,So question is, can I enable the TT another way/flash it to PV, without it auto tuning, as when I looked into my power vision, I saw when I hit auto tune, a section where I can select Wideband auto tuning with target tune, or auto tune the add on, am I on the right track...id like to get this up and running....had since Saturday, had 107 build almost 3 weeks now, haven't even put 200 miles on bike, so I'm getting ancy lol, thanks

Old 09-20-2017, 04:35 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by TOMMYBLAZIN
Hey buds, if the lights go on all green? like they should when red meaning working, I didn't flash my fuel Moto tune from TT into power vision, I called late and there busy, do you or anyone know what it means, when it does exactly same thing as the red lights when working, but in GREEN, and it stays GREEN, I didn't flash the TT in power vision, as I was told to take a 20 minute ride before auto tuning?So I'm assuming the steady GREEN means, READY for flash,So question is, can I enable the TT another way/flash it to PV, without it auto tuning, as when I looked into my power vision, I saw when I hit auto tune, a section where I can select Wideband auto tuning with target tune, or auto tune the add on, am I on the right track...id like to get this up and running....had since Saturday, had 107 build almost 3 weeks now, haven't even put 200 miles on bike, so I'm getting ancy lol, thanks

Please check your email as I have answered each of these questions.
A) the LED on your TT module will blink for several seconds as the sensors are heating and once the LED is solid they sensors are on-line
B) the first thing you need to do is flash the TT-enabled tune from the tune manager that we programmed into your Power Vision
C) DO NOT run the bike without flashing this TT-enabled tune; you have a big bore engine and a Target Tune installed. Very bad things can happen if you run an unknown map for a stock engine with factory O2 sensors in your application.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 09-21-2017, 12:43 AM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
A) the LED on your TT module will blink for several seconds as the sensors are heating and once the LED is solid they sensors are on-line
B) the first thing you need to do is flash the TT-enabled tune from the tune manager that we programmed into your Power Vision
C) DO NOT run the bike without flashing this TT-enabled tune; you have a big bore engine and a Target Tune installed. Very bad things can happen if you run an unknown map for a stock engine with factory O2 sensors in your application.
I was just praising you in another thread on here, I was looking for a tuner to hold a tune, and you did me one more, I'm so happy with Fuel Moto,Jamie is who I've dealt with, and if I cannot get you /him lol, talking to you and anyone who is curious, if he's busy, theres a email for sure, that same day waiting for me, now not ONLY has Jamie done this, he has also posted here, to help me, and others will see this, and if there as green as I am, they'll appreciate it, I don't know why anyone would buy a tuner from anyone else, I truly mean this, any company as passionate as yours is, and committed to your customers, bikes well being, not just a sale and a TAKE CAR BRUSH YOUR HAIR type of place, these guys are the real deal, and the pricing, I got a TUNED power vision, A SETUP Target Tune, already set up with a Tune as well, so no need to call the great guys at dynojet as well, what a combination!!! ,makes me wanna pull my new 570 cams out and good Woods, which btw we were going to my builder told me to gran a w6 something, well I didn't realize theres a w6 and a w6-6 maybe not that exact combo but you guys get the idea, well I ordered wrong one, and like a jackass I bought off eBay,and lady gave me a bs story about her husband just died and she can't return, etc etc, so I couldn't return, and before anyone jumps on me, 2 things I need to point out, 1 I didn't know Fuel Moto, 2 my Indy was putting build together that Hillside did, which was a great jobs my indy said he didn't have a account w/ woods cams and that I should order on-line.....so I got screwed, I took a big amount of work on at one time, I actually started a build thread in softail section, showing what I did, everything from new tires, Metz 880's brakes, all new magnum shielding cables etc, controls bars less, name it over Mow 9k did it this round, oak I went off topic sorry working on bike in garage...sp anyone on the fence about Fuel Moto , or the Powervision Tubers, I'm going to buy again from them, and there supports 2nd to NONE, did I mention I bought BOTH POWER VISION AND TARGET TUNE, about the same price as my indy wanted for a bone stock power vision!!!!!!! with no map, and obviously no support,Very Happy, even f the parts shorted out tomorrow, knowing these guys/company's are behind me,

I have ZERO worrys about my bikes engine health moving forward, and thats a great feeling , as I wrote a Novel here, you can see my excitement is the the roof and its 130 am here!!!!!!

The following users liked this post:
oldhippie (09-21-2017)
Old 09-21-2017, 12:46 AM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

BTW Jamie, you were right, the sensor is good, but I want to order a new one anyway, just knowing I dug into side like that will bother the crap outs me, and if ever in a need, ill have a perfectly working spare!!! thats how I look at it, I don't know if you can have sales just put the sale thru and ship, if the have my CC on a file, that would be fine, if not ill just drop a line to you guys, thanks again Brotha!!!!!

Last edited by TOMMYBLAZIN; 09-21-2017 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:49 AM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Also in response I had map in it from day one, but thank you for reassurance, I'm going to take a quick 20 minute ride tomorrow, and after that ill run mu TT like we spoke about prior, <3> 20 min sessions, stacking on top, tuning the beast, thanks again

Old 09-24-2017, 06:19 PM
Ever_htx
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys new powervision owner here on my iron, bought from fuel moto. What are some perimeters y’all are watching on the gauge displays? Which ones aren’t more important?

Old 09-25-2017, 12:12 PM
Ever_htx
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ever_htx
Hey guys new powervision owner here on my iron, bought from fuel moto. What are some perimeters y’all are watching on the gauge displays? Which ones aren’t more important?
I meant are lol

Old 09-25-2017, 04:28 PM
oldhippie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 114 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Ever_htx
I meant are lol
I like watching ET (engine temp), I also watch what gear I'm in but not sure of this feature works on all bikes.

I might also watch trip counter,Throttle position. I use two now with Target Tune for Wide Band 02 sensors Front and Rear, just to see what the tune is doing for AFR.

Old 09-25-2017, 04:50 PM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
No, not just to switch tunes. To do that all you need to do is turn the engine off, switch ignition on, select the tune you want to run from the list on the PV, and flash it to the ECU. That's about a 30-sec. process. I plan on having two maps installed, one lean in the cruise-range for mileage and another richer for cooling. So, if I get caught in heavy traffic and the engine is getting too hot I can pull over, stop the engine, turn the ignition on, select the tune, and flash it. Not as easy as the PCV being able to switch between two maps on the fly, but I think it's good enough for most.

To import a PCV map to create a PV tune you'd need to start with the stock tune, but you do that in the WinPV software on your computer, not the PV. Once the tune is created in WinPV you send it to the PV for storage, then it can be flashed at any time. You can put six maps in PV for flashing to the ECU at any time (as long as the engine isn't running).
Always wondered how much cooler the head temps would be. No one to date has posted data showing temp differences. Hear claims but no data to support them.
Bob

Quick Reply: Power Vision Information Thread