Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

'08 Softail Deluxe Starting Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 10:15 AM
aburnett
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '08 Softail Deluxe Starting Problem

I'm a new member so if I am posting this in the wrong place please let me know! I have been having a problem with my bike starting but it is very random and won't duplicate for the Harley dealership. It starts right up the first time I ride and then it can be the 3rd start of the ride or the 5th and the engine cranks but won't start. I turn both the ignition off and the start button and start over again and it starts every time. I can hear the fuel pump working and my husband has checked the battery cable connections to make sure they are clean. Has anyone had this problem or know what to look for? The Harley dealership has adjusted the fuel pickup but until it actually happens for them in their shop they say they don't know what to fix. This problem has been happening since I bought the motorcycle new in 2008. It's getting annoying!