Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Another TSSM question

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 09:00 PM
rustybearing
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Another TSSM question

Ok, here's one for you. There are threads on how to remove the TSSM module and replace it with just a regular TSM. But how about replacing the newer style buttonless fob TSSM setup with the older style button fob TSSM. Anyone done that? That would give you the option of whether or not to use the security. One advantage I could see is not having to go to the dealer to get the fobs assigned.

Old 04-11-2017, 10:06 AM
peramus
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doubt that would work. When they changed modules they changed ECU programming to match. Unless you could do it with something like a Thundermax (and I don't think that even they do this) I doubt that you could with the stock ECU unless you were able to directly edit the programming (not a tuner... WAY more in depth...) By that point you would have had less trouble figuring out how to marry the buttonless fob yourself. Ask around at different dealers. Some will do it for $20 and some will even do it for free during your service appointment.