Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Turn Signal Module??? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 09:11 AM
danosrs
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn Signal Module??? Help!

Guys,

Just installed 16 inch apes that were wired with switches and harness, just had to install new Deutche female pins for the connectors in the headlight nacelle. I had it all installed and then depressed the left control switch and noticed I had the plugs swapped, left signal switch pressed right turn signal light on. I then swapped and only plugged in one connector and left signal switch depressed lights up left left turn signal. I then installed both connectors and now I have no head light, no running lights and the key icon is lit on the speedo. will not start or crank the starter. My bike does not have security option so I only have a TCM and not a TCSM so the reset procedures do not apply for my bike.

Will a failed TCM cause all these problems? No engine start, no starter rotation, no headlight, no turn signals, Brake lights work with both rear and front, Horn works.

Checked the pins/ wires as per the wiring manual and they are correct.
Inspected the female connector and no pushed pins.
Checked the resistance values of the turn signal switches while depressed. Old were 4 ohms left and 3 Ohms right. new bars with new switches are 1.5 ohms each side.
Slaved in the old bars and still same problem.

I getting ready to purchase a new TCM at $114 and was asking if anyone knew of any other things to check??

Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 04-02-2012, 10:28 AM
danosrs
Advanced

Just checked the wiring diagram and suspect a bad TCM will not cause the headlight to not work, maybe I have a burnt fuse? Will be checking for power at pin #1 of the TCM for battery VDC and pin #2 at TCM for ignition voltage. Any thoughts anyone?

Old 04-03-2012, 08:43 AM
danosrs
Advanced

found a pinched wire in the RH control, caused the ignition fuse to blow and it powers the turn signal module. all good now.