Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

2000 Sportster 1200 flasher issue

Old 07-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Nibin
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Sportster 1200 flasher issue

Hi I got my bike a few months back. The blinkers worked at that time but every so often the right blinker would come on solid all by itself. The blinkers would work still and sometimes turning the right blinker on and off would stop the occasional light up.

Now the blinkers wont blink anymore. The right turn signal comes on solid when I start the bike. The more I rev the brighter it gets. After I ride for a while and the bike warms up the right turn signal issue goes away. Neither side will blink tho.

The rear LED tail light has blinkers running and brake light that flashes fast then goes solid brake light. Its run by a module under the seat Panacea and has a couple on off switches on it. I cant seem to find the blinker relay to pull it and try an after market one.

There are no front blinkers on the bike. I picked up some bullets for the front and the mounting brackets for under the handle bars. I pulled the cover for the front wiring harness and do not see a spot to plug in the front blinker.

I have the Clymers for my bike and see the wiring diagram but the colors are different. I cant seem to find the plug for front blinker install or the wires to splice into. Also need some advice on the rear blinker issue. Is the solid light for right blinker with the switch off a short in the line?

Could really use some advice and tips here. Im at the end of my abilities at the moment. Thanks

Old 07-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Nibin
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update

Ok I got the front bullet blinkers installed. They will turn on but not blink just like the rear. I assume that means the flasher module is bad. However the right front blinker will turn on all by itself like the rear was doing. The more I rev the motor the brighter it gets. It will stop off and on. Then after bike has been ridden for a while it goes away. Any ideas? Would the bad flasher module do that?