Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

SE Pro Super Tuner can it be un-married

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 06:42 PM
Destark
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool SE Pro Super Tuner can it be un-married

I have a SE pro super tuner and I was told that Harley Davidson could clear the memory so I could marry it to my new bike, is this possible or just wishful thinking?

Thanks for any insight.

Old 08-30-2013, 07:48 PM
scotty3
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Wishful thinking

Old 08-30-2013, 08:08 PM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

Yes it can, not by me but it is no more than a piece of hardware. a computer savvy person could find a way, one member here has said as much but would not pursue it.
It is not important enough for those that can.
I suspect that there is a chip (eprom?) that is used to burn information to only once which cannot be changed. Hardware password protection works the same on your computer. If a computer can be hacked then so can the tuner

Old 08-30-2013, 09:17 PM
scotty3
Road Captain

His question was - Would Harley Davidson unmarry it for him and the answer to that is wishful thinking.

As for if the hardware/software can be hacked of course it can and it has been done but that is not the question he asked.

Old 08-31-2013, 11:28 AM
Destark
Stage III
Default SE Pro Super Tuner

Thanks for the feedback!!

OK for the $64.00 question has anyone hacked it and would you share how?
It never hurts much to ask. lol

Old 08-31-2013, 12:05 PM
CndUltra95
Road Warrior
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Destark, Mother HD can and will sometimes un-marry the Dongle if and I mean IF it suits there agenda.
I bought the SEPRT in the fall of '09 and installed it in the spring of 2010
Tried to install a canned MAP from the software and it didnt work.
Booked a Dyno at same dealer that I bought it from and they called back and said the Dongle was NFG and that I needed to buy a new one.
What the dealership doesnt tell you is that they have a dealer direct service line and they have techs who can go live with your bike and the dealership, but this dealership didnt want to do this.
I called and spoke with a customer service rep from Mother HD and one week later I have a re-manned dongle that now works flawlessly with my bike.
There is a company who can upgrade your SEPRT if it meets there criteria, but that company escapes me right now.
I have not stepped back into that dealership in two years and will not even mention the name to others looking for a dealership for service , but rather will direct them to two others with directions and who to speak with at either of the two.
As for your last question, there are those here on the board will scold you for asking such nefarious questions about knowingly breaking a trade secret law and provide you with an infraction for violating the forums policies.
BTW, I am not spouting from a Soap box, just some of my experiences and a refresher of the forums policies.
So, whats wrong with your SEPRT?
Rob

Old 08-31-2013, 02:46 PM
scotty3
Road Captain

The company that does the upgrades is TTS and the SEPST cannot be upgraded to a TTS unit only a SERT can be upgraded to a TTS unit.

Old 08-31-2013, 03:50 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

DeStark? Might as well have given the tuner away with the bike when you traded it.

Yes, there are hacks, no one will share these either. If $500, for a new tuner, is too much to spend right now... save up. Things are more complicated than you may think, when it comes to dongles, tunes, and marriages.

Also... you can now buy a slightly better tuner, for your new bike, than the SEPST, anyways. PV and TTS come to mind as both are actually superior tuners.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Destark
Stage III
Default Thanks

Thanks for the info, to answer your question my SEPST was married to a scout I no longer have and $500 every time bits! Just want to save a little of my hard earned money. LOL

Originally Posted by CndUltra95
Destark, Mother HD can and will sometimes un-marry the Dongle if and I mean IF it suits there agenda.
I bought the SEPRT in the fall of '09 and installed it in the spring of 2010
Tried to install a canned MAP from the software and it didnt work.
Booked a Dyno at same dealer that I bought it from and they called back and said the Dongle was NFG and that I needed to buy a new one.
What the dealership doesnt tell you is that they have a dealer direct service line and they have techs who can go live with your bike and the dealership, but this dealership didnt want to do this.
I called and spoke with a customer service rep from Mother HD and one week later I have a re-manned dongle that now works flawlessly with my bike.
There is a company who can upgrade your SEPRT if it meets there criteria, but that company escapes me right now.
I have not stepped back into that dealership in two years and will not even mention the name to others looking for a dealership for service , but rather will direct them to two others with directions and who to speak with at either of the two.
As for your last question, there are those here on the board will scold you for asking such nefarious questions about knowingly breaking a trade secret law and provide you with an infraction for violating the forums policies.
BTW, I am not spouting from a Soap box, just some of my experiences and a refresher of the forums policies.
So, whats wrong with your SEPRT?
Rob