Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

'07 FLSTCI intermittent Idle issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 10:03 AM
pigpipes
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default '07 FLSTCI intermittent Idle issue

Posted this a few weeks ago but it disappeared. Let's try it again.

I was riding with a buddy the other day and he experiences a problem I've never run into before. Rode for about 20 minutes at 70-75 and when we got to the stop sign on the exit ramp, his bike died. It started up immediately & ran fine. Happened again a few times, but only after running at 70+ speeds for 15+ minutes, then stopping. Running at 55-60, then stopping - no problem. 600 miles of varied riding last week and the only time it happened was as described above.

Said he's had it back to the Dealer a few times( first time still under warranty) but they couldn't make it happen. I suspect they ran it around the block a few times rather than getting it out on the interstate.

Bike is a bone stock 07 FLSTCI with 26000 miles. Has yet to throw a code. My suspicion is an ECM issue, but thought I'd check with the brain trust first to see if anyone has seen a similar situation.

He's going to be installing A/C, pipes & XIEDs or a controller soon - who knows, maybe that might cure it.

Any ideas?