Ignition/Tuner/ECM/Fuel Injection Need advice on ignition issues? Questions about a tuner? Have questions about a EFI calibration or Fuel Injection? Tips on Engine Diagnostics, how to get codes, and what they mean. Find your answers here.

Blowing Ignition fuse

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2005, 01:38 AM
CSR
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blowing Ignition fuse

I mentioned the coil because I had heard from a freind that someone he know had his ignition fuse blow do to a bad coil on his 96 sporter.

I've got the manual and I'm going to spend the night reading instead of jumping right in. I plan to go through pococj's (skip's) trouble shooting list first, the manual has a TS section, but it's not a complete as skip's list. I have tested the starter relay and "I think" it's OK. I got the starter to turn over by using a jumper on the relay connector, so I think that's OK too. But right now I know just enough to be deadly so I think it's time to hit the book and cover a few chapters before I try anything else. Tomorrow night I'll go out and freeze my a$$ off and hopefully get the bike to start or find out what the problem is. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. One bright side is, a freind has an 94 sporty parts bike that I can grab some parts from to test out anything I find that's not working. That's the guy I got the manual from.

Again to everone, Thanks For All Your Help...

Cliff

Old 01-14-2005, 02:53 AM
CSR
Advanced

Well the good news is the bike is running again, bad news is it was the starter relay. Please note the first line of this thread.

I followed the directions that pococj layout and had a back-up plan if something went wrong. I never made it to the back-up plan, cause Skip’s directions work perfectly. If anybody has a starting problem, that’s the set of instructions you need.

I want to sincerely thank everybody the help out here and major thanks goes to you Skip. If you ever need any help from me, just ask.

The guy that sold me the bike, needed money for an attorney so we worked out a deal where he could buy back the bike for the same price when he had the money. Now I can give him a working bike back when he comes to get it. He was helping me tonight and it was great to see a spark back in his eyes after we got the bike started, he lost his mom 2 months ago and now his wife split and is trying to take him to the cleaners.

Cliff

Old 01-14-2005, 08:23 AM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,211 Likes on 461 Posts

Glad the "de-structions" worked and y'all got the bike running. Sorry to hear of your buddy's Mom, and his misfortune with his soon-to-be-ex. I'd bet it surely did warm your heart to see a spark light his eyes up, again.

Old 01-14-2005, 11:11 AM
Ironhead
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A special thanks to Skip from me too.

Maybe, just maybe things are on the upswing for you and your Buddy now.

Old 01-14-2005, 01:13 PM
CSR
Advanced

Well, I'd call it, "not soon enough" to be ex, I'll leave it at that and not make this a novel. I've know the guy since we where kids and grow up across the street from each other, 40+ years. A few of his freinds have a ride this weekend and I'm going to let him take the bike so he go on the ride. Plus I'll give him vistitation rights on the weekend if he what's. I use to ride myself, but I haven't owned a bike in years, maybe it time to take a look at my other buddies 94 parts bike?

I'll pass on your best wishes, thanks again,

Cliff

Old 01-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Ironhead
Stellar HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fair enough

Old 01-15-2005, 02:27 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,756 Likes on 770 Posts

ORIGINAL: CSR

Well the good news is the bike is running again, bad news is it was the starter relay. Please note the first line of this thread.

I followed the directions that pococj layout and had a back-up plan if something went wrong. I never made it to the back-up plan, cause Skip’s directions work perfectly. If anybody has a starting problem, that’s the set of instructions you need.

I want to sincerely thank everybody the help out here and major thanks goes to you Skip. If you ever need any help from me, just ask.

The guy that sold me the bike, needed money for an attorney so we worked out a deal where he could buy back the bike for the same price when he had the money. Now I can give him a working bike back when he comes to get it. He was helping me tonight and it was great to see a spark back in his eyes after we got the bike started, he lost his mom 2 months ago and now his wife split and is trying to take him to the cleaners.

Cliff
Man, that is a stand up thing to do for your buddy! I salute you!

I hope your buddy's life starts to look up very soon!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 01-15-2005, 06:37 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Clammy

Man, that is a stand up thing to do for your buddy! I salute you!

I hope your buddy's life starts to look up very soon!

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Same goes for the weekend visitation rights...I have close friends like you as well, I'm sure he cherishes your friendship as much as I cherish mine....

Mac